BCT15X: Uniden BCT15x Suddenly crackling over transmissions.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello!

At least a month ago I got and programmed a BCT15x and have been scanning since with no issues. Until tonight...

I had been listening on it all day, turned it off and unplugged it to relocate it to another place in my home (from my office to my living room) as I do every evening. I plugged it back in, powered it on, and when a transmission came over, the most obnoxious crackling noise covered it. The crackling is only during transmissions. Tried turning it off/on again (a few times), checking that the power cord is plugged in properly (both ends), and ensured the antenna was securely and correctly attached. I'm not sure if something went wrong, broke, or if I accidentally hit a button or something!

Anyone have any advice or tips?

TYIA!!

Take it back to where you had it before. And see if it is doing what you are saying. If not could be getting a rf source causing the problem in the room you moved it to. Cable modem,Light Bulbs etc.

Thanks for that. Trying re-relocating it now. It just seems odd since I literally put it in those two places every day and this hasn't happened before... Will let you know if it resolves...

mule1075

Feed Provider
.... you were right! THANK GOD because I was so worried it was broken :ROFLMAO:

Thank you!!
It is always possible. Neighbors could have bought a new TV, Changed a Lightbulb, or you did. Highly recommend you check the cat5 cables to the router could be old or split. Many things could be causing it and sometimes moving the scanner just a few inches will rectify the problem. Continue to find the source though if you can.

Pat

Premium Subscriber
I've noticed that some LED light bulbs cause crackling similar to what you're describing. But as the others mentioned, it could come from almost any type of electronics.

iMONITOR

Silent Key
Premium Subscriber
Thanks for that. Trying re-relocating it now. It just seems odd since I literally put it in those two places every day and this hasn't happened before... Will let you know if it resolves...

Try to recall if you've changed anything in your home recently.

Status
Not open for further replies.