• To anyone looking to acquire commercial radio programming software:

Please do not make requests for copies of radio programming software which is sold (or was sold) by the manufacturer for any monetary value. All requests will be deleted and a forum infraction issued. Making a request such as this is attempting to engage in software piracy and this forum cannot be involved or associated with this activity. The same goes for any private transaction via Private Message. Even if you attempt to engage in this activity in PM's we will still enforce the forum rules. Your PM's are not private and the administration has the right to read them if there's a hint to criminal activity.

If you are having trouble legally obtaining software please state so. We do not want any hurt feelings when your vague post is mistaken for a free request. It is YOUR responsibility to properly word your request.

To obtain Motorola software see the Sticky in the Motorola forum.

The various other vendors often permit their dealers to sell the software online (i.e., Kenwood). Please use Google or some other search engine to find a dealer that sells the software. Typically each series or individual radio requires its own software package. Often the Kenwood software is less than $100 so don't be a cheapskate; just purchase it.

For M/A Com/Harris/GE, etc: there are two software packages that program all current and past radios. One package is for conventional programming and the other for trunked programming. The trunked package is in upwards of $2,500. The conventional package is more reasonable though is still several hundred dollars. The benefit is you do not need multiple versions for each radio (unlike Motorola).

This is a large and very visible forum. We cannot jeopardize the ability to provide the RadioReference services by allowing this activity to occur. Please respect this.

Kng battery question

Status
Not open for further replies.

SirJ

Intelligence Everywhere!
Premium Subscriber
I am looking for the thinnest/slimmest battery possible for the kngbp series.If memory serves me correctly isn't the kaa0100 the slim line ?
Also will that battery work with the smart charger that has the display ? I believe that part # is KAA0303-1

IAmSixNine

Feed Provider
I recently went from slim battery to standard or i guess what they call extended battery and i miss the size and feel of that normal slim battery.
So i had 2150mah battery and now using a 3600mah.
I too want to go slim so if anybody has a slim and they want a hi cap DM me. I have 2 (1 on radio and 1 new in box).
My understanding of the smart charger with display is yes you have to have the smart battery for the display features to work.

SirJ

Intelligence Everywhere!
Premium Subscriber
I recently went from slim battery to standard or i guess what they call extended battery and i miss the size and feel of that normal slim battery.
So i had 2150mah battery and now using a 3600mah.
I too want to go slim so if anybody has a slim and they want a hi cap DM me. I have 2 (1 on radio and 1 new in box).
My understanding of the smart charger with display is yes you have to have the smart battery for the display features to work.
I have the red badass battery it just goes and goes. But it is fat and makes the radio boxy and sometimes I just don't need those extra MAHs so just for clarification the kaa0100 is what I want ?

IAmSixNine

Feed Provider
KAA0100 has been discontinued. That is the one i had and after the first year BK replaced it. The replacement also went bad after about 12-18 months. It swelled and lost capacity. KAA0103E is its replacement.
The KAA0103 is the intelligent battery.
Going off memory KAA0100 was 1950mAh and the KAA0103E is 2300mAh.
KAA0101 is 3600mAh.
I my self am actively looking for a KAA0103E as i work in an office and dont need a 3600mAh battery. But the offer i was given for 2 of these from CriticalBattery was to good to pass up.
Sadly there are not a lot of the radios in individuals hands like motorola products are. So the community is smaller when it comes to accessories.

IAmSixNine

Feed Provider
@rsmith7799
According to the BK technologies KNG accessory catalog i have dated March 2021
KAA0103 Li-Ion Smart "Intelligent" Battery 2300mAH Compatible with KNG Standard and Smart Chargers.
KAA0103E Battery Pack Li-Ion 2300mAh, Intelli, RCP

Status
Not open for further replies.