Colchester, Salem, Gardner Lake, Q.V.

Status
Not open for further replies.

coolrich55

I don't hear them on 33.80, 82 or 90 anymore. Never had a problem back in the KX days or even when they went to QV. Nothing's changed on my end. Only thing I can think of is that something has been changed with the towers.

mtfd515

Premium Subscriber
They are still there, they were dispatched today for an outside fire. they have three tones, one sounds like the old Hebron tone. I have noticed that there not as distinctive as before or as loud.

coolrich55

They are still there, they were dispatched today for an outside fire. they have three tones, one sounds like the old Hebron tone. I have noticed that there not as distinctive as before or as loud.
Yeah I've listened to them on the app to make sure. I don't know why I can't get them anymore. I'd blame it on my location if I could never receive them before. But they were always loud and clear up until a few months ago.

cg

Premium Subscriber
Low band interference perhaps? I don't hear the low band as well as I have in the past. I attribute it (correctly or not) to the substantial increase of electronics in my house and immediate area.

chris

izzyj4

Premium Subscriber
They also operate on QV's newer UHF frequencies. I recently saw on QV's website their new portable / mobile set up. Also was confirmed by a co-worker who's a member in one of the QV departments. I will be submitting them once I get it all set and loaded up. Mind you the UHF frequencies are not the base links currently listed.

Also, Colchester does have some UHF frequencies listed in the New London County DB.

Status
Not open for further replies.