MDC 1200 decoder.

Status
Not open for further replies.

merlin

Hey people, is there any decoders at all out there that decode MDC1200 ?
I know of the Linux build on Github, but looking for something windows. Hoping for a stand alone or plugin for SDR#.
What I have now,,DSD+fastlane, Multipsk, Skysweep 513, but they don't target MDC specifically.
Or is there something I am overlooking, or doing it wrong.
73s

y10kiscoming

Premium Subscriber
Still blows my mind people are trying to decode MDC. :)

Just a note that with WinMDCD you need to have your default recording (mic) source set to the device your scanner is outputting to. Adjusting the volume levels on both the computer and scanner side can make it decode a bit better sometimes.

merlin

Still blows my mind people are trying to decode MDC. :)

Just a note that with WinMDCD you need to have your default recording (mic) source set to the device your scanner is outputting to. Adjusting the volume levels on both the computer and scanner side can make it decode a bit better sometimes.
Yea, ahead of you there. My main interest is decoding station IDs and not a lot of that where I am at. Te trasit buses us it, just be interesting knowing what bus or station I am listening to.
73s

Project25_MASTR

Millennial Graying OBT Guy
MDC1200 still has some extremely practical use scenarios especially in the IoT/SCADA market due to it's ability to feature status updates, commands, polling, etc.

Now granted most of it's current use is for basic signaling on voice communications limits it a bit.

Status
Not open for further replies.