• To anyone looking to acquire commercial radio programming software:

Please do not make requests for copies of radio programming software which is sold (or was sold) by the manufacturer for any monetary value. All requests will be deleted and a forum infraction issued. Making a request such as this is attempting to engage in software piracy and this forum cannot be involved or associated with this activity. The same goes for any private transaction via Private Message. Even if you attempt to engage in this activity in PM's we will still enforce the forum rules. Your PM's are not private and the administration has the right to read them if there's a hint to criminal activity.

If you are having trouble legally obtaining software please state so. We do not want any hurt feelings when your vague post is mistaken for a free request. It is YOUR responsibility to properly word your request.

To obtain Motorola software see the Sticky in the Motorola forum.

The various other vendors often permit their dealers to sell the software online (i.e., Kenwood). Please use Google or some other search engine to find a dealer that sells the software. Typically each series or individual radio requires its own software package. Often the Kenwood software is less than $100 so don't be a cheapskate; just purchase it.

For M/A Com/Harris/GE, etc: there are two software packages that program all current and past radios. One package is for conventional programming and the other for trunked programming. The trunked package is in upwards of $2,500. The conventional package is more reasonable though is still several hundred dollars. The benefit is you do not need multiple versions for each radio (unlike Motorola).

This is a large and very visible forum. We cannot jeopardize the ability to provide the RadioReference services by allowing this activity to occur. Please respect this.

NX-5200 K3 export recordings

Status
Not open for further replies.

Soundy

Premium Subscriber
Hey all, apologies if this is a dumb or repeat question, but I couldn't find any other posts on it.

I'm looking to export audio clips from my 5200's SD card, ideally over Bluetooth. I can't find anything in KPG-D1 for this, and I can't mount the SD via Bluetooth.

Will it work using a cable? Or do I need to remove the card and plug it into my computer?

Or is there something I'm missing in the software?

TIA

kd4efm

Premium Subscriber
No, the SD Card can not be mounted via BTSPP

You can
A, eject the card and use the PC to pull.
or
B, in the software enable SD CARD MOUNT, use the kpg-36xm or 46XM and be able to connect and download

F-1 reveals the following
1618276434258.png

RRR

Premium Subscriber
What is the recommended SD card to use with the enhanced head? Type and GB. Thanks!

Cognomen

Kenwood recommends Toshiba, Sandisk, or Panasonic.
Approximate recording times:
2GB: 35 hours
4GB: 70 hours
8GB: 140 hours
16GB: 280 hours
32GB: 560 hours
I use a Sandisk 32GB set for first-in first-out, 30-sec clips.

RRR

Premium Subscriber
Thank you. I didn't know if there was a minimum or maximum limit of the memory on the SD cards.

Status
Not open for further replies.