SDS100/SDS200: Favorites List quick key display.

Status
Not open for further replies.

sjsbragia

Premium Subscriber
I just got my new SDS100 and I really like the display much better than my BCD436HP. The one thing I was wondering was if there was a way to display what Favorites List quick keys were currently being scanned? On my BCD436HP in the upper left portion of the screen it would display numbers for quick keys being scanned and dashed lines for keys that were not being scanned, I always found that bit of information to be very handy. I gave the Display Customizer a good looking over in Sentinel but came up with no obvious way to include that bit of information in my screen layout, If anyone might be able to offer some guidance I would appreciate it.

trentbob

W3BUX- Bucks County, PA
Premium Subscriber
It should still be there up in the left-hand corner of the display but you have three lines now. The top line is for favorites list, the second line is for systems and the third line is for DepartmentsPSX_20210417_132047.jpg.

nessnet

Premium Subscriber
The info you want is in the detailed (conventional & trunked) screens.

In fact info area 1, 2 & 3 are where. You can't change them (other than color) so they are always there.

Use the right soft key to hold on something.
Press function, then 9 (disp).
That will toggle between simple and detailed...

I would open up Sentinel, go to edit / edit display and familiarize yourself with what is where and the many fields that you can change, to a selection of many options. Lat/long if using GPS, filter being used, the battery voltage, lots of very useful stuff.....

Last edited:

trentbob

W3BUX- Bucks County, PA
Premium Subscriber
Whoops sorry oh, I should have mentioned you have to be on detailed screen. As far as function 9 goes you may also want to hold on something, press function and hold the nine and it will cycle through color, black text with light background like the X36 looks like or white text on black background which is good for Mobile use.

sjsbragia

Premium Subscriber
trentbob, nessnet, you guys are great, I'll try that out when I get home from work, I really appreciate the help.

N0GTG

Scanner programmer since 1997
Premium Subscriber
And the number following the F, S, or D is the 'prefix' of the two-digit number for that item. For example, the Favorites List shown enabled is F07; Favorites List 7. If it was FL 17, the display would be F1 (and) 7.

Positions shown with a dash (-) are not programmed.
Positions shown with a star (*) are programmed, but not enabled.

In the photo above, FL 7 is enabled, FL 0-1-2-3-4-5-6 and 8-9 are programmed, but not enabled.
Systems 1 and 2 are enabled, and Systems 0 and 3-4-5-6-7-8-9 are programmed, but not enabled.
No Departments are shown as programmed or enabled.

Hope this helps.

ofd8001

Premium Subscriber
If I am not mistaken, this only shows the Quick Key Status (Favorite, System, Department). It's possible that a Quick Key could be programmed and turned on, but the "things" in it could be avoided and thus not scanned.

trentbob

W3BUX- Bucks County, PA
Premium Subscriber
And the number following the F, S, or D is the 'prefix' of the two-digit number for that item. For example, the Favorites List shown enabled is F07; Favorites List 7. If it was FL 17, the display would be F1 (and) 7.

Positions shown with a dash (-) are not programmed.
Positions shown with a star (*) are programmed, but not enabled.

In the photo above, FL 7 is enabled, FL 0-1-2-3-4-5-6 and 8-9 are programmed, but not enabled.
Systems 1 and 2 are enabled, and Systems 0 and 3-4-5-6-7-8-9 are programmed, but not enabled.
No Departments are shown as programmed or enabled.

Hope this helps.
That is correct. I don't use department QKs, I don't like to use worksheets or reminders or to make it too complicated. Been scanning a long time and as long as I can remember I have assigned numbers to certain counties or entities and it's always been the same exact number for a particular County or service even in the old days when we had Banks.

For example I'm using abbreviations for these counties but 1 FF TOWERS, 2 BUCKS, 3 BURCO, 4 MERCER, 5 STATE, 6 PHILA, 7 MONTCO... these numbers have always been correlated with those counties or services. In this particular case favorites list 7 is called DISP 1 and I have those counties systems programmed as above. I don't really need to separate departments with QKs, I listen to all the Departments.

Keep in mind. I also have favorites list 7 programmed with lots of stuff that doesn't have quick Keys assigned, stuff I always listen to like VHF guard, news Chopper Aviation frequencies, military interceptor Jets frequencies, Coast Guard frequencies, Amtrak police, Statewide emergency Nets, my amateur radio club's repeater etc. etc.
If I am not mistaken, this only shows the Quick Key Status (Favorite, System, Department). It's possible that a Quick Key could be programmed and turned on, but the "things" in it could be avoided and thus not scanned.
That is correct, maybe on one of the systems they are using tac Channel 3 for a radar trap or fire police often use a tac Channel for a parade or special event, then I simply avoid that one particular object.

trentbob

W3BUX- Bucks County, PA
Premium Subscriber
Here's an example of a conventional frequency that's on favorites list number 7 but not on a system quick key. You can see the number 7 blink.
PSX_20210419_150835.jpg

TailGator911

Silent Key/KF4ANC
I didn't think playing around with the different colors and customizing would be so much fun. My granddaughter and I made a crazy tie-dye looking background that I saved as her profile so I can bring up her handiwork whenever she is in the radio room. Big smile when I bring up her background. Ahh, it's the little things...

Status
Not open for further replies.