Unidentified LA basin 900Mhz DMR system

Status
Not open for further replies.

LAflyer

Global DB Admin
Received submission for an unidentified 900Mhz Tier-3 DMR system in LA basin.

Suspect it's some form of an industrial user as it appears active 24/7.

If anyone has any further info kindly submit to the Db.

bcorbin

Premium Subscriber
A little curious how you came to that conclusion. On a side note, I monitored that system for about 5 years and never heard a peep from it.

Man, oh man, does that bring back memories. I think I was probably the first to report that system, on usenet, no less, back in the mid 90’s or thereabouts. It got picked-up and republished on the precursor to this site (focused exclusively on trunked radio at the time, don’t remember the fqdn) with a copyright that failed to recognize where it had been filched from 8*) Those were the days...

Anyway, way back then, there were only a couple of talkgroups that ever got used, and they were encrypted full-time. If they’re still on the same hardware, it’s definitely a bit long in the tooth...

Markb

Premium Subscriber
It got picked-up and republished on the precursor to this site (focused exclusively on trunked radio at the time, don’t remember the fqdn) with a copyright that failed to recognize where it had been filched from 8*) Those were the days...

Trunkedradio.net?

kearthfan101

Premium Subscriber
Man, oh man, does that bring back memories. I think I was probably the first to report that system, on usenet, no less, back in the mid 90’s or thereabouts. It got picked-up and republished on the precursor to this site (focused exclusively on trunked radio at the time, don’t remember the fqdn) with a copyright that failed to recognize where it had been filched from 8*) Those were the days...

Anyway, way back then, there were only a couple of talkgroups that ever got used, and they were encrypted full-time. If they’re still on the same hardware, it’s definitely a bit long in the tooth...

interesting. The times I checked were on unitrunker, even leaving it on for a few hours. Never had anything pop up but the CC was always active.

bcorbin

Premium Subscriber
I’m not terribly surprised. It wasn’t busy when it was new and novel, and I get the impression that encryption never worked particularly well on those 3600b analog systems to begin with.

Anyway, we’re a bit off topic now...

interesting. The times I checked were on unitrunker, even leaving it on for a few hours. Never had anything pop up but the CC was always active.

LAflyer

Global DB Admin
Doubt its anything to do with Van Nuys as the signal is quite strong in the South Bay.

I would guess its an industrial user further east or maybe harbor/port related activity.

Status
Not open for further replies.