Collin County Public Safety Analog

Status
Not open for further replies.

ArkTex

KA5AAA
Premium Subscriber
I'm still hearing traffic on the analog system. I can get the TGID when I'm able to get it again, but it sounds like SO.

Anyone have any idea what or who is still using this? I thought the county was entirely moved over to PAWM.

musicman476

RR DB Admin
Database Admin
Here's what mwjones said about it on 4/13 over on the Collin County P25 thread:
As of today, the main Jail (Dispatch and Ops) and whomever is on talkgroup 2576 are still active on the Moto system (I don't have a logger running on the system to confirm any others).

There are also reportedly a lot of other groups that wanted on the system but couldn't due to capacity on the Moto system that are going to start using the P25 system as well. Many were waiting for the BDA/DAS at the Courthouse/Jail campus to fill in the coverage gaps.

mwjones

Premium Subscriber
It's talkgroup 2576 that's still active as of today, still unknown what Law Enforcement agency it is. Jail switched over last week.

mikebennett

Premium Subscriber
That's an Anna PD TGRP that was set-up to repeat Van Alstyne PD (154.250) apparently as a form of inter-op so they could keep tabs on what was going on up there since they bump up against each other. Not sure if they are going to switch that over to the new system.

mwjones

Premium Subscriber
That's an Anna PD TGRP that was set-up to repeat Van Alstyne PD (154.250) apparently as a form of inter-op so they could keep tabs on what was going on up there since they bump up against each other. Not sure if they are going to switch that over to the new system.
That would make sense that they might have an InterOp channel for that reason. Since I see Van Alstyne is using P25 Conventional, they may have the new County System and the InterOp talkgroups programmed into their radios (much like how Frisco, Prosper and McKinney do), or the County can throw up a patch if need be on one of the InterOp channels.

Either way, that channel may be the heartbeat we need to validate when they finally pull the plug on the Moto system (although if I can sort out the logging software for the Motorola system, I'll catch it there).

mikebennett

Premium Subscriber
That would make sense that they might have an InterOp channel for that reason. Since I see Van Alstyne is using P25 Conventional, they may have the new County System and the InterOp talkgroups programmed into their radios (much like how Frisco, Prosper and McKinney do), or the County can throw up a patch if need be on one of the InterOp channels.

Either way, that channel may be the heartbeat we need to validate when they finally pull the plug on the Moto system (although if I can sort out the logging software for the Motorola system, I'll catch it there).

VAPD does occasionally go digital but for the most part they are 99% analog. As far as I know they only have VHF equipment. I've never heard VAPD or Anna PD talking directly on either's radio systems.

riverradio68

Feed Provider
Still waiting for Trenton FD in Fannin Co. to get an ID on PAWMCO. Westminster seems to answer more in Fannin with Trenton than they do their own district.

Gopher

Premium Subscriber
VAPD does occasionally go digital but for the most part they are 99% analog. As far as I know they only have VHF equipment. I've never heard VAPD or Anna PD talking directly on either's radio systems.
VA PD just went encrypted on 771.0562 with fire in the clear.

Status
Not open for further replies.