167.8625 Metro-NYC

Status
Not open for further replies.

RadioDitch

Signals Identification Member
Premium Subscriber
I was running a search through my brother's ProScan radio back in New Jersey and found something interesting. I received consistent hits on 167.8625, with data bursts (something other than P25 or Encryption) every 90-seconds. It also included a morse identifier the prescribed every 10mins. Does this ring any bells to anyone? Or perhaps just a possible image/intermod?

ecps92

Sounds like you ran the Paging Channel, for a VA Hospital - where in NJ ??
I've heard this one from New Brunswick before, while traveling,

IT would be nice if someone could get the CWID and reference it to a specific facility

I was running a search through my brother's ProScan radio back in New Jersey and found something interesting. I received consistent hits on 167.8625, with data bursts (something other than P25 or Encryption) every 90-seconds. It also included a morse identifier the prescribed every 10mins. Does this ring any bells to anyone? Or perhaps just a possible image/intermod?

RadioDitch

Premium Subscriber
Sounds like you ran the Paging Channel, for a VA Hospital - where in NJ ??
I've heard this one from New Brunswick before, while traveling,

IT would be nice if someone could get the CWID and reference it to a specific facility

North Jersey, so it is possible then it's the West Orange VA Hospital. My morse is rusty as all hell, so let me get a recording of it and I'll post it for those far more proficient than I am.

RadioDitch

Premium Subscriber
Here's an MP3 with the data and station ID. Hope this helps you guys identify it and get it into the database @ecps92.

Attachments

• 167.8625 NJ Data-CWID.zip
    463.3 KB · Views: 11

dlwtrunked

Premium Subscriber
POCSAG pager with cw ID of KFX845. Note that Federal callsigns are not FCC licensed callsigns.

Also, is there a VA hospital near you as that would be a good possibility.
also not the tread below on same topic. In looking at that, ignore the discussion about
"close" (pagers like this are often high power).

RadioDitch

Premium Subscriber
Also, is there a VA hospital near you as that would be a good possibility.

I'm way up north and using one of my brother's ProScan receivers back in the states, but he's located in Union County, NJ. He's definitely within range of West Orange VA Hospital. But again, I suspect Bill or one of the other guys may have that callsign buried in their files somewhere.

MFD2

FYI, the VA Hospital is located in East Orange, NJ, which is Essex County.

ecps92

$293 you are hearing is from White River Junction VT at the VA,
but...from CT that one would be hard to hear as it is the input to their 164.2125 Repeater

nothing on that freq with a $050 tho... and RID or audio to maybe ID who ?

There are also 2 P25 stations on that freq. that I hear. One with a NAC of 50 and one with a NAC of 293. Both encrypted. NAC 293 has been used on other VA's that I know of. My range goes into NYC and half way down NJ.
Bob

ecps92

Bingo KFX845 was assigned to East Orange VA, originally for 164.1750 when it was the paging channel

For the OP, you [since you heard it] should be the one to make the DB submission, we are only tourists in your Journey
POCSAG pager with cw ID of KFX845. Note that Federal callsigns are not FCC licensed callsigns.

MFD2

I know off of Route 280,Prospect Avenue?. There are alot of antennas located there to the right of the Highway.

Status
Not open for further replies.