Hopatcong (Sussex) 700 P25 TRS

MFD2

I guess Hopatcong does not know what they want do. I mean they have this new license and back in March they got a new license for the Fire Department which you don't hear them use. Also, the Council is thinking of going to the Sussex County Sheriff's Communcations Center.

GTR8000

NY/NJ Database Guy
Database Admin
I guess Hopatcong does not know what they want do. I mean they have this new license and back in March they got a new license for the Fire Department which you don't hear them use. Also, the Council is thinking of going to the Sussex County Sheriff's Communcations Center.
You don't just get a P25 trunked system constructed and up and running overnight. The build out deadline on the license is May of 2022, and in their filing with RPC 8 they stated that the system wouldn't be ready until early 2022.

The license for 154.4075 was issued in March of 2020, not this year. That was prior to the decision to build out a 700 MHz trunked system, so it's really not relevant.

MFD2

I know a new radio system doesn't appear overnight. I thought it was a waste of money to upgrade the FD and turn around to get a different
new radio system after the FD one isn't used. I think it's relevant, all this money was wasted.

MFD2

On 2/8/2022, the FCC sent a letter asking about the Construction / Coverage Deadline.

GTR8000

NY/NJ Database Guy
Database Admin
That's an automated reminder notice of the upcoming buildout deadline.