Sticky Thread For Mid-Atlantic MilAir 2021

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mark

Premium Subscriber
Roger that Mark. I heard them inbound on UHF ZBW and Pease approach. Two flights of three about an hour in between. MAZDA 94 (x3) then MAZDA 91 (x3). There's already some pics on Facebook from a local photographer confirming it was VMFA (AW) 224 F-18s.
US sends more warplanes to Afghanistan to protect troop pullout (militarytimes.com)

Dover has C-5M and McGuire prob C-17 to Hill AFB today.. F-35's deploying?
F-35 night flying exercises planned at Hill Air Force Base through mid-May | KSL.com

Last edited:

freqhopping

At 1300 today four Langley T-38s did an Arlington flyover. I'm pretty sure it was four, four showed on ADSBX early on and the fourth wasn't showing as they got in the area. It was for SR-71 pilot Lt Col Ben Bowles. Don't pass up reading this.

mdmonitor

At 1300 today four Langley T-38s did an Arlington flyover. I'm pretty sure it was four, four showed on ADSBX early on and the fourth wasn't showing as they got in the area. It was for SR-71 pilot Lt Col Ben Bowles. Don't pass up reading this.
Freq

Good story.

Just curious. What freqs did they use for the flyover? The last couple I heard didn't use the standard Fly-by freq 279.275.

Tech792

Got Bengal 49 on Boston 282.200, single F-18 out of Pease doing a flight test. Test now complete and heading back to Pease.
I wonder if this guy was down over central NJ earlier. Sounded like a single fighter overhead earlier and I think he actually showed up ADS-B. Doing loops over Monmouth County, then doing loops over the Raritan Bay and made a pass over Naval Weapons Sta Earle. . Then turned northward up the Hudson River.

Mark

Premium Subscriber

Interesting as first SR-71 Lockheed Test pilot Bob Gilliland passed away over a year and half ago... Worked for the Lockheed man himself Kelly Johnson.

First SR-71 Blackbird pilot Bob Gilliland of Memphis dies at 93 (commercialappeal.com)

Here is Bob in vid showing a NASA SR-71 to TV host Jeremy Clarkson back in 2001.They misspelled his last name in this vid..
(19) Lockheed SR-71 Blackbird - Jeremy Clarkson - "Speed" - YouTube

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.