NJICS Municipal Migration Discussion - Statewide

Tech792

After monitoring Holmdel for the past few weeks, they are paging out on both VHF and 700. But then all fire & EMS communications are taking place on the 700. There is very little use of the VHF. But I would think they'll probably leave the VHF on for mutual aid purposes.

RadioDitch

Signals Identification Member
Premium Subscriber
After monitoring Holmdel for the past few weeks, they are paging out on both VHF and 700. But then all fire & EMS communications are taking place on the 700. There is very little use of the VHF. But I would think they'll probably leave the VHF on for mutual aid purposes.

It's more than likely that besides mutual-aid and fallback, the other reason they will continue to maintain VHF is they don't want to replace an entire department of Minitors with another solution. That's been the case many of the municipalities on the NJICS that have maintained a multicast.

Tech792

It's more than likely that besides mutual-aid and fallback, the other reason they will continue to maintain VHF is they don't want to replace an entire department of Minitors with another solution. That's been the case many of the municipalities on the NJICS that have maintained a multicast.
Holmdel FD has already issued out new Unication G5 pagers for 700 mhz paging. The exact amount is unknown or if EMS also has received them.

richee2000

Communications Professional
Sea Bright NJ, Livingston NJ, Basking Ridge NJ
This:

TOWNSHIP OF WALL RESOLUTION NO. 21-0144 AUTHORIZATION TO EXECUTE A CONTRACT WITH MOTOROLA FOR THE PURCHASE OF NJICS 700 MHZ SYSTEM THROUGH THE STATE CONTRACT AT A PRICE NOT TO EXCEED $1,552,265.10 WHEREAS, the Township Committee is desirous of purchasing a NJICS 700 MHz System from Motorola Solutions, Inc through State Contract; and WHEREAS, the NJICS 700 MHz System being purchased is through State Contract from Motorola Solutions, Inc at a price not to exceed $1,552,265.10 (one million five hundred fifty-two thousand two hundred sixty-five dollars and ten cents); and WHEREAS, Kenneth Brown, Jr., Chief of Police, recommends that the Township Committee purchase the NJICS 700 MHz System through State Contract; and WHEREAS, the Township Administrator concurs with the recommendation to purchase the NJICS 700 MHz System through the State Contract at a price not to exceed $1,552,265.10 (one million five hundred fifty-two thousand two hundred sixty-five dollars

Markscan

Premium Subscriber
Finally we have movement with West Caldwell. A total renovation of the dispatch center is underway, and an estimated time for the transition is end of May or beginning of June.

West Caldwell also dispatches for Caldwell , however at this time, only West Caldwell police are moving. Caldwell may move next year. I have no information regarding the fire department yet.
Some minor changes have already been made. Dispatch used to be referenced as “790” and is now being called “Central” .
The VHF channel 158.940, used to alert the West Caldwell fire department and the West Essex first aid squad is patched to the West Essex first aid squad talkgroup 4885.
The plan right now is for 2 talk groups. Dispatch will remain in the clear, and a second will be encrypted. Stay tuned for more info.

nosoup4u

Feed Provider
I wouldn't expect much to show up on the Stockton site other that maybe the Park Police and NJSP C3-5 if they happen to be in the area.

policefreak

Premium Subscriber
Picking up TGID 4929 on the Berlin site. The talkgroup is labeled as Bridgeton PD Tac but today I heard 1 transmission that was addressing "Battalion 7" and another that was a dispatch for Squad 7 for a medical call in Bridgeton.

RadioDitch

Signals Identification Member
Premium Subscriber
I'm hearing Fanwood FD on Union County FG 8.

That's a good catch. I had the understanding they were going to jump onto Fireground 2 with Scotch Plains since they're essentially one town with two governments anymore. Was it just radio checks or an actual run?

Moose

That's a good catch. I had the understanding they were going to jump onto Fireground 2 with Scotch Plains since they're essentially one town with two governments anymore. Was it just radio checks or an actual run?

They were testing yesterday then they went to a job around 6pm on Terrill Rd. Today I hear more testing with the county.

BIODTL1997

Premium Subscriber
I haven't seen any talk about this so I'll share:

Glen Ridge EMS is now equipped on their rigs with APXs and are communicating with Montclair MAU on their NJICS talk group (4515) when responding for mutual aid assignments. I'm not sure if that goes for Bloomfield and Verona but I'll add them to my scan lists to confirm - I would suspect the same.

Also Medic 7 & 8 out of Mountainside also communicate directly to Montclair PD on their TG (4341) while responding to ALS calls. Same goes for above -- I'm not sure if they are programmed to talk to other surrounding towns on NJICS, but will monitor.

Any conformation/input welcome.

KD2JFA may be able to confirm.

BIODTL1997

Premium Subscriber
Fairly common now...heard one of the EMS units come up on Fairfield PD talkgroup last week.

Fairly common but not generally known what agencies are migrating, and at what pace. Thus the reason for this discussion thread. Thanks for stating the obvious, though.