Northport Fire and Huntington Fire Department Frequencies

Status
Not open for further replies.

Seanm214

Hello,

Is anybody scanning Northport Volunteer Fire Department located at 204 Main street in Northport. I have East Northport (2-10-0) but I can't find Northport village Fire Department radio frequency's main channel (2-9-0). I also can't find Huntington fire department frequencies. I have Huntington Manor but not Huntington. I know Huntington is in the RR database but I don't hear them at all so I think the frequencies may be wrong. Any info helps.

Sean

dave3825

Premium Subscriber
WQOX495 - NORTHPORT FIRE DISTRICT
204 MAIN STREET,
NORTHPORT, NY

If they work could you please make a submission to the database?

nyscan00

Premium Subscriber
Northport FD operates on 46.42 MHz. They are in the process of going uhf but I don’t know how far along.
I can’t confirm but Huntington may be on the new 700 p25 system. I did hear them Testing a while Back on one of the Huntington talk-groups.

Last edited:

dave3825

Premium Subscriber
can’t confirm but Huntington may be on the new 700 p25 system. I did hear them Testing a while Back on one of the Huntington talk-groups.
Its been sporadic but 2 12 0 Eaton's Neck has been the most active on the Huntington tg's on site 3. They were on Huntington 5 yesterday. I did hear 2 9 0 a while back also. Someone was testing yesterday on Huntington 1 (on site 4) but was not identifying who they were. Heard testing on Islip tg's (site 3) a while back and nothing lately. Also noticed that Fres paging west (site 3) has been pretty silent lately.

warren

460.450R Fire Huntington Fire District KPVT-820 D054 hear them regularly. Not the strongest signal though

Rudy3145

Feed Provider
Eatons Neck left Northport FD Dispatch for FRES. I hear them talking to FRES on Huntington 1 (700/800 system)

County put a 700/800 site on Huntington FD HQ from what I was told, but HFD has their own dispatcher and as far as I knew, they operate on 460.450R

Northport is in the process of a UHF buildout as states above, and still used low band.

All other Depts in the 2nd Div use their own UHF system/dispatchers.

Seanm214

Northport FD operates on 46.42 MHz. They are in the process of going uhf but I don’t know how far along.
I can’t confirm but Huntington may be on the new 700 p25 system. I did hear them Testing a while Back on one of the Huntington talk-groups.
How do I monitor 46.42 MHz?

Seanm214

Eatons Neck left Northport FD Dispatch for FRES. I hear them talking to FRES on Huntington 1 (700/800 system)

County put a 700/800 site on Huntington FD HQ from what I was told, but HFD has their own dispatcher and as far as I knew, they operate on 460.450R

Northport is in the process of a UHF buildout as states above, and still used low band.

What does the R mean?

Rudy3145

Feed Provider
The R stands for Repeater. Its a repeated freq so the range on it should be good.

And I don't understand what you mean "how do I monitor 46.42"

46.42 is a low band simplex freq (non repeated). So that means you have to be close to hear both sides of the action (Dispatch and field units). You'll most likely only hear the dispatcher using a high powered base station. If you're in the town you might hear it all. Depends on where you're listening from what what type of scanner/antenna you have.

Freqs that have repeaters, as long as you can pick up the repeater - you'll hear both sides of the action. You'll essentially will be hearing everything the dispatcher hears.

Seanm214

The R stands for Repeater. Its a repeated freq so the range on it should be good.

And I don't understand what you mean "how do I monitor 46.42"

46.42 is a low band simplex freq (non repeated). So that means you have to be close to hear both sides of the action (Dispatch and field units). You'll most likely only hear the dispatcher using a high powered base station. If you're in the town you might hear it all. Depends on where you're listening from what what type of scanner/antenna you have.

Freqs that have repeaters, as long as you can pick up the repeater - you'll hear both sides of the action. You'll essentially will be hearing everything the dispatcher hears.
Got it thanks!

Seanm214

Is 460.450 the dispatch frequency only, or can you hear units communicating on the frequency?

Rudy3145

Feed Provider
I believe they communicate on this freq, not sure if they activate on it. I still hear them activating on 46.46 but a lot of depts are still simulcasting activations over low band and their UHF channels.

Status
Not open for further replies.