BCD536 HP Not Receiving Frequency in scan

Status
Not open for further replies.

krb167

Feed Provider
I have a 536 programmed with a simulcast trunk system with only 2 talkgroups, along with a VHF analog system, with only 2 frequencies. It seems to only receive the first channel in each "zone", if you will, while scanning. Only the 1st talkgroup and only the first VHF frequency. However, when set to manual, the scanner does receive the 2nd channels, so I know they are correct. Thoughts?

Ubbe

I have a 536 programmed with a simulcast trunk system
If you program a system as trunked it will only receive the first frequency that has control data in a site. Make a second site in that system and move the second frequency there.

But that doesn't explain the analog VHF problem.

Can you copy the favorite list and rename from .hpe to .txt and attach to a post?

/Ubbe

krb167

Feed Provider
If you program a system as trunked it will only receive the first frequency that has control data in a site. Make a second site in that system and move the second frequency there.

But that doesn't explain the analog VHF problem.

Can you copy the favorite list and rename from .hpe to .txt and attach to a post?

/Ubbe

I have no idea how to do this...

dave3825

Premium Subscriber
You open sentinel and hit file- export to hpe. Select the favorite list in question, and save it, then rename it and upload it here.

tvengr

Well Known Member
In both the trunked and conventional systems, the service types are Fire Dispatch and Fire Tac. In the Sentinel profile editor, double check that both Fire Dispatch and Fire Tac service types are enabled. When you first install Sentinel, only Dispatch service types are enabled. The database shows that 159.42 Johnson FG has a 351 DPL Tone. Being in Search will not prevent you from receiving it. You can add the DPL in Sentinel. The only other thing I noticed is that in the trunked system, 851.85 is not listed as an alternate. It can be deleted.

krb167

Feed Provider
I will check on those. I left the DPL off on purpose, because I don't care about having it open. As for the 851.85, it is an alternate CC for that system. Thanks.
In both the trunked and conventional systems, the service types are Fire Dispatch and Fire Tac. In the Sentinel profile editor, double check that both Fire Dispatch and Fire Tac service types are enabled. When you first install Sentinel, only Dispatch service types are enabled. The database shows that 159.42 Johnson FG has a 351 DPL Tone. Being in Search will not prevent you from receiving it. You can add the DPL in Sentinel. The only other thing I noticed is that in the trunked system, 851.85 is not listed as an alternate. It can be deleted.

krb167

Feed Provider
I got it guys, thank you very much for all of your insight. It was the service type. I was using the Butel software and found out how to fix it in Sentinel with all of your help. Thanks again!

wa1lad

tvengr:

SNE Wiki has VERY accurate RISCON control channel info. Look there if you still question the validity of krb167's post.

Are you able to actually listen to RISCON via RF reception in MD?????

tvengr

Well Known Member
As for the 851.85, it is an alternate CC for that system.
Are you able to actually listen to RISCON via RF reception in MD?????
No! I did not question the validity of krb167's post. The Radio Reference database does not show 851.85 as an alternate. That is why I asked the OP to submit that to the database if that is verified to be true. I just checked the SNE Wiki and it does list that as an alternate. How do you or myself know the source of krb167's information or which database is correct? I need to be able to rely on the RR database for helping members outside of my area. I apologize if it upset you that I solved the OP's problem.

wa1lad

North Zone
  • 10 Frequency Zone
  • Confirmations are on the primary RISCON page.

FrequencyUsage
851.1500Voice & CWID
851.4875Voice
851.8500Alt. Control Ch/Voice
852.1500Voice
852.4000Alt. Control Ch/Voice
852.6750Alt. Control Ch/Voice
852.9500Voice
853.2375Voice
853.5125Primary Control Ch/Voice
853.6875Voice

I'm not upset at all. It's tiresome hearing about what may or may not be correct from someone outside the area where, in this case, RISCON can be monitored via actual RF reception. SNE Wiki is the go-to source of info for the most accurate info for the New England area. I know I have neither the time nor inclination to be updating info on multiple sites. So, any info I have for the New England area is updated on SNE Wiki only.

I shall confirm the above list of CC and Alt CC freqs for the RISCON North Zone as they were read directly from my APX-8000XE's trunking system control channel list. Feel free to update any sites you desire.

:cool:

Status
Not open for further replies.