Help me help you

Status
Not open for further replies.

ka3jjz

Wiki Admin Emeritus
I had answered your question in your original thread - you must download your contents into software (like ProScan) to do this. You can't unprotect a system with a keyboard trick. Mike

ProScan

Software Provider
Premium Subscriber
One way to clear the scanner memory. Send the PRG, CLR, & EPG commands using ProScan or other software capable of sending commands. The PRG command puts the scanner in programming mode, The CLR command clears the memory, The EPG command takes the scanner out of programming mode.

merlin

Excellent. I haven't as yet figured out how to execute individual commands in FreeScan yet, but have the full scoop on them. I will try the over write thing and go from there.
73s
This should help

epersson

Feed Provider
Very strange this is the only post I know of this happening but it only effects 1 out of thousands made.
#1 Update FIRMWARE.
#2 Double check all PROGRAMMING.
#3 Please record and post a video of this happening.
Were you replying to me? if so, Hi, As stated in the original post,
1) firmware at the latest.
2) Programming is combination of trunked and conventional. does same thing on sds100 and 436, also others have mentioned it happens to them. It even does it when the site is not close enough to receive signal.

Ill get a video

epersson

Feed Provider
Were you replying to me? if so, Hi, As stated in the original post,
1) firmware at the latest.
2) Programming is combination of trunked and conventional. does same thing on sds100 and 436, also others have mentioned it happens to them. It even does it when the site is not close enough to receive signal.

Its Site hold not Lock.

werinshades

Premium Subscriber
@JoeBearcat This may have been asked before but I can't find it, so apologize if it has, sds100 and BCD436hp both.. when I try to manually move between systems, some conventional some trunked, just scrolling it will lock on a trunked system with "site lock" displayed now it goes no further, just scrolls through that site. I hit Function and hit or hold dept/site button, get the message site unlocked, but it either locks up again right away, or as soon as I turn the knob it locks up again. Latest firmware. This seems like a firmware bug in these systems. any way to get it to stop locking?

I've been trying to duplicate this without any luck. Just to confirm the steps:

Press System...turn scroll knob through active systems....when it lands on a trunked system you're scanner is displaying "Site Lock"? This must be a different key press sequence that I'm missing if I'm correct.

epersson

Feed Provider
I've been trying to duplicate this without any luck. Just to confirm the steps:

Press System...turn scroll knob through active systems....when it lands on a trunked system you're scanner is displaying "Site Lock"? This must be a different key press sequence that I'm missing if I'm correct.
yup hold then system softkey. Scroll and it hits a trunk and Site Hold.. other posts say they have the same thing.. I'd like it to be, but it seems it's not just me. I can't get a video long enough and small enough to post.. always too big;

Pre hold

1623264563575.png

Post hold
1623264629351.png

JoeBearcat

Uniden Representative
Allow me to clarify once again. When you are holding on a Channel, you don’t have to press channel again to scroll through a channel. You just use the knob to scroll. This isn’t a feature when you are holding on a Department. If you use the knob, it changes the scan orientation (?) going up or down.

Thank you for referencing the thread that I brought this up, too. I clarified in that post with an example.

When holding on a channel, it defaults to scrolling CHANNELS. You have to press a key (System/Dept/Site) to scroll those. Now, it could be changed to default to scroll DEPARTMENTS, but then you would have to press CHAN to scroll channels. I believe the current scheme is more intuitive (as it works the same with other modes) and would be more commonly used vs scrolling departments. There is another possibility (scroll the last type pressed) but then you would never really know what you might scroll at any given time.

As was mentioned - just press the DEPT softkey if you want to hold or scroll departments.

Last edited:

JoeBearcat

Uniden Representative
Allow me to clarify once again. When you are holding on a Channel, you don’t have to press channel again to scroll through a channel. You just use the knob to scroll. This isn’t a feature when you are holding on a Department. If you use the knob, it changes the scan orientation (?) going up or down.

Thank you for referencing the thread that I brought this up, too. I clarified in that post with an example.

P.S. When you are holding on a channel, you are not still scanning. When you are holding on a Department, you are still scanning - that is why the scroll knob changes direction as it does any other time you are scanning.

JoeBearcat

Uniden Representative
On sentinel when have 3 different systems on a trunking
1 Analog Motorola 7/8/900mhz
2 P25 Trunk
3 Connect Plus
Say if there is a system on 8xx analog and the area goes to a p25 trunk (using same freqs) instead making a new whole list and have to copy and paste can take awhile to do depending how many sites depts channel names etc... is there a way to edit the "System Type"

View attachment 104680

There is not because when you select the type it sets up system parameters that are used for that system type. A conversion might be possible in some cases, but not in all cases. Using notepad might work, but, again, it might not. It is not recommended.

(this is the answer I received when I asked this question several years ago)

merlin

Excellent. I haven't as yet figured out how to execute individual commands in FreeScan yet, but have the full scoop on them. I will try the over write thing and go from there.
73s
That worked. Shame nothing said about it in the manual.(the manual needs to go back to formula anyway.)
73s

merlin

That worked. Shame nothing said about it in the manual.(the manual needs to go back to formula anyway.)
73s
An update: that protected system is still there, but scanning jumps to the system I programmed.
I can still walk through the protected system if I chose. It doesn't scan. I can live with this.
73s

ka3jjz

Wiki Admin Emeritus
Or when the actual instructions for programming DMR / MOTOTRBO / NXDN into the appropriate scanners? It's not like we have been waiting for nearly a year for that...(ahem)

Mike

captainmax1

Premium Subscriber
I have been in the hospital all year and recently was discharged. First thing I noticed on my RR home page is that my Counties To Watch, Trunked Systems to Watch, etc. is not shown on my Home page anymore. I have searched everywhere with no results. I have lost a lot of memory during my hospital stay and couldn't remember how to even start a thread. Sorry for the Hijack. I also can't remember how to use my scanners and radios properly and having to refer to the manuals and RR to bring the knowledge back. Thanks in advance to anyone who can explain why the RR Home Page does not show aforementioned information anymore.

hiegtx

Mentor
Premium Subscriber
LCN finder: Since those have SD cards, have the ability to interrupt the session and SAVE the info to the SD card, then have the ability to RESUME from the last LCN Finder progress.
That would be good. I have several systems, that no matter how long I run the LCN Finder, it does not fill in the last one or two "unknowns". So, every time I try to run the Finder again, it resets everything back to unknown. Retaining what was already found would be advantageous.

werinshades

Premium Subscriber
That would be good. I have several systems, that no matter how long I run the LCN Finder, it does not fill in the last one or two "unknowns". So, every time I try to run the Finder again, it resets everything back to unknown. Retaining what was already found would be advantageous.

Are the unknowns in use? Have you monitored radio traffic on them in conventional mode?

Status
Not open for further replies.