Dekalb TRS using a couple of oddball frequencies?

Status
Not open for further replies.

leicanthrope

I've been scanning the Dekalb County TRS for a bit now, and noticed a couple of frequencies regularly popping up that aren't in the RR listing for this system: 852.1125 and 851.5625. According the FCC database, they're registered to Emory University - who is an active user of this system. The other frequencies are registered to "Dekalb County Police Department ". They're somewhat limited in the talkgroups that appear on those freqs, from what I can tell a parks and rec talkgroup along with some of the sanitation / landfill talkgroups. I'm not hearing anything related to Emory on these frequencies. Also, they're not frequencies left over from their older trunked system, as far as I can tell.

Anyone familiar with the situation?

DanRollman

Database Admin
Emory contributed their 800 MHz frequencies to DeKalb's system as part of their deal to join the system. I'll add those to the DB. Let me know if you see others. I knew Emory had contributed their frequencies to DeKalb but I didn't want to add them to the DB until I confirmed they were actually being used on the system.

It is interesting that you are suggesting you are seeing only specific talkgroups on those frequencies and that they are somehow used differently than the other frequencies on the system. I don't know what to make of that, given this is a simulcast site.

DanRollman

Database Admin
I've been scanning the Dekalb County TRS for a bit now, and noticed a couple of frequencies regularly popping up that aren't in the RR listing for this system: 852.1125 and 851.5625. They're somewhat limited in the talkgroups that appear on those freqs, from what I can tell a parks and rec talkgroup along with some of the sanitation / landfill talkgroups.

FWIW, I am seeing the same thing you are now. These two frequencies are definitely in use on the simulcast site, but only seem to be used by a few particular users (sanitation, parks and rec). I did not even realize the system is able to limit certain talkgroups to only use certain frequencies within a simulcast site, but allow other talkgroups to use all (or other) frequencies within the same simulcast site. Interesting.

Status
Not open for further replies.