Software for ALL Uniden Scanners ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

bucks83

I Remember DOS
Is there a single software program that can be used on all Uniden scanners?

I'm using the following;
BC125AT Uniden's software for 125

SDS100 - Sentinel

BCD325P2 ?

The last one is a friends scanner but they do not want to purchase software. If there is one for all I would purchase.

hiegtx

Mentor
Premium Subscriber
Is there a single software program that can be used on all Uniden scanners?

I'm using the following;
BC125AT Uniden's software for 125

SDS100 - Sentinel

BCD325P2 ?

The last one is a friends scanner but they do not want to purchase software. If there is one for all I would purchase.
As long as your friend does not need DMR or NXDN systems programmed, then FreeSCAN will work for the 325P2.
The download link is near the top of the page.

There is also a User Guide for FreeSCAN in the Wiki.

However, if DMR or NXDN systems & channels need to be programmed, then ProScan would be a better choice.
ProScan

While ProScan does not support the BC125AT, it does support the SDS100, 325P2, and a large number of other scanners. The one time licensing fee of $50 includes lifetime updates.

ARC-XT does support the 325P2, but not the SDS100 or BC125AT. However, while there is a trial period, it is not freeware.

w2lie

New York DB Admin
Database Admin
A bit off topic, but way back in the day there was a piece of software that tried to cover every single scanner on the market.

ScanCAT started with great ideas. Initially it worked on every Radio Shack scanner and it worked fine with that.
But eventually, when Uniden started adding DMA programming, ScanCAT tried to keep up, but it became difficult to use at that point.

I loved ScanCAT for Radio Shack programming, but sometimes keeping software simple is better.
This is nothing against BuTel or ProScan. I recommend both, but neither is a full Swiss Army knife for programming every scanner made by Uniden.

ka3jjz

Wiki Admin Emeritus
There is CareWare for the 125;

In addition he offers a conversion utility to take CSV files from RadioReference and convert them into Scan125 format. This does require a (cheap) subscription, as does the following....

There is also Butel's ARC125 (which has a cost) but if memory serves, it's the only app for this radio that can directly download from our database

Mike

Scan125

There is CareWare for the 125;

In addition he offers a conversion utility to take CSV files from RadioReference and convert them into Scan125 format. This does require a (cheap) subscription, as does the following....

Mike

Just a minor point of correction. All my programs (Scan125, Scan75, DriveR8) are currently Freeware with a Careware/Charity status and objective. (Careware - Wikipedia) . No subscription is required or mandatory.

So whilst I and the DEBRA charity would be grateful for any donation of any amount (cheap?) a person makes directly to the DEBRA charity there is no obligation to do so. If you don't want to donate to DEBRA then you can donate to a charity of your choice or do someone a good deed (or two).

See: Donate To DEBRA Charity (nick-bailey.co.uk)

Status
Not open for further replies.