U.S. Marshals Service P25 TRS (BEE00-4F0)

dave3825

Premium Subscriber
Hmm Signal very low and not registering in dsd but I keep seeing data bursts on 170.8375 and those are showing nac 167. Nothing in the db anywhere near me.

pro106import

Premium Subscriber
Milford, Ct. perched high above Long Island Sound
@w2lie Signal coming back up on 170.8375 site 102. Are you seeing it now?
Yeah the band is opening up again. Getting NJICS almost full scale which is a good barometer to me. I'm looking at maybe Albany for that CC? Or South Jersey or Philly area. Just throwing it out there. We need some listeners from other areas to get on board :D. Just heard Sector Virginia on CG 112. Yep its summertime !

RadioDitch

Signals Identification Member
Premium Subscriber
Yeah the band is opening up again. Getting NJICS almost full scale which is a good barometer to me. I'm looking at maybe Albany for that CC? Or South Jersey or Philly area. Just throwing it out there. We need some listeners from other areas to get on board :D. Just heard Sector Virginia on CG 112. Yep its summertime !

If it was South Jersey, it'd be receivable pretty well in Union County, NJ but alas it's not. I think Westchester County is likely a candidate if it's not somewhere on Long Island.

GTR8000

NY/NJ Database Guy
Database Admin
Don't rule out a low power localized site similar to the one at the Morristown Airport. The lack of peers, same as Morristown, might be a clue. Another clue might be the fact that it seemed to be booming when first discovered, but it now seemingly running at lower power, could mean that it was initially turned up at full power then reduced. I would focus on airports in the area first, especially those known to be frequented by the USMS.

I can say this much for certain: if the site is within a 30 or so mile radius of the Rockland/Bergen border along the river, then it's very low power. I can't detect any sign of it, and yet I can receive all other sites except Morristown Airport, including Central Islip.

rr60

Premium Subscriber
I have spent some time on this band this morning. Interesting activity. I may have found a new site with little or no tropo, unless this has been seen already. I did not see it in the master system.

168.9125 CC
170.9125 ALT
NAC 4F4
Site 114 Sys 4F0 WACN BEE00
No Peers
TG 65536 ( ID TG )

Central North Jersey favoring 060-220 degrees

Last edited by a moderator:

rr60

Premium Subscriber
If I were to hazard a guess…perhaps Trenton (Airport or City). Not today for me @RadioDitch.

RadioDitch

Premium Subscriber
Central North Jersey favoring 060-220 degrees

Bearings from what location and in what orientation? Clockwise? Counterclockwise? The search area changes drastically depending on those factors.

Last edited:

dave3825

Premium Subscriber
Sites 122 and 117 are still reporting the same peers. I am not seeing site 102 today. Anyone near sites 118 & 144 able to see if there are any new peers listed?

Is anyone seeing and control channels in the 406 to 420 range?

katt02

Katt
Anyone near sites 118 & 144 able to see if there are any new peers listed?
Site 144 displays no new peers. Site 118 shows 1 peer, 117, already discovered.

Last edited:

RadioDitch

Premium Subscriber
Sites 122 and 117 are still reporting the same peers. I am not seeing site 102 today. Anyone near sites 118 & 144 able to see if there are any new peers listed?

Is anyone seeing and control channels in the 406 to 420 range?

I second Katt. Nothing changed here. Though with Site 144 still displaying no peers at all, it wouldn't be unusual at this point for Site 102 to have none.

All of us in Jersey are monitoring the UHF side for any possible discoveries, but no yield at this time.

rr60

Premium Subscriber
Bearings from what location and in what orientation? Clockwise? Counterclockwise? The search area changes drastically depending on those factors.
Those are the bearings that my OmniX w 50’ of LMR 400 hear best. Location 07059 @ 400 MSL. I pull in best signals about 020 through about 230. Used both RTL SDR and SDR RSPDx. Not a strapping signal but noticeable and solid. UT locked right on like a bird dog.

RadioDitch

Premium Subscriber
I second Katt. Nothing changed here. Though with Site 144 still displaying no peers at all, it wouldn't be unusual at this point for Site 102 to have none.

All of us in Jersey are monitoring the UHF side for any possible discoveries, but no yield at this time.

Typo, meant to say: Though with Site 144 still displaying no peers at all, it wouldn't be unusual at this point for Site 114 to have none.

Those are the bearings that my OmniX w 50’ of LMR 400 hear best. Location 07059 @ 400 MSL. I pull in best signals about 020 through about 230. Used both RTL SDR and SDR RSPDx. Not a strapping signal but noticeable and solid. UT locked right on like a bird dog.

Unfortunately that doesn't help without knowing where you are in New Jersey and through what orientation you're achieving those bearings. ENE-SE-SSE? or ENE-NW-SSE? Big difference.

Gonna go hunting for it anyway today.

rr60

Premium Subscriber
Typo, meant to say: Though with Site 144 still displaying no peers at all, it wouldn't be unusual at this point for Site 114 to have none.

Unfortunately that doesn't help without knowing where you are in New Jersey and through what orientation you're achieving those bearings. ENE-SE-SSE? or ENE-NW-SSE? Big difference.

Gonna go hunting for it anyway today.
@RadioDitch from Warren I have line to sight to NYC, East to Long Island, South to Ocean County lastly South Southwest Mercer Trenton and Philadelphia. Not much signal behind terrain north on a line from Bedminster to Alpine Tower.