Logging radio id's

Status
Not open for further replies.

peten1vak

Premium Subscriber
I'm thinking I want to identify the radio IDs with police car numbers or EMS and fire truck numbers. I am wondering if anyone else has done this and am interested in people's advice on what would be the best way to accomplish it. I am using a Whistler 1080 with the radio ID tags turned on and when I hear a car number dispatched I wait for the car to respond and then write down the radio ID for that car. I'm thinking there must be a better way?

peten1vak

Premium Subscriber
Im wanting to change the radio id to the car or truck number once its identified. It will be easier to follow calls. Im in Pitt County

RaleighGuy

Premium Subscriber
I am using a Whistler 1080 with the radio ID tags turned on and when I hear a car number dispatched I wait for the car to respond and then write down the radio ID for that car. I'm thinking there must be a better way?

The only other way is to set the TG to record and go back through the recordings and write it down like you are now. There is no auto-logging/identifying RIDs that I know of.

Im wanting to change the radio id to the car or truck number once its identified. It will be easier to follow calls. Im in Pitt County

Yes, that makes it easier to ID users/units, however in many areas the RID for units changes, ffor example EMS 1 today might be 12345 but tomorrow, when a new crew is in EMS 1 it becomes 54321. Most of the times (I've found, and especially for FD and EMS) handhelds are used and crews rotate. PD doesn't do this as much, but even there posts rotate and change in some departments, today's 1A12 is 3C14 tomorrow. It is a lot easier to ID FD, EMS, PD without specific unit numbers.

jake_Braker

C/O 2Ø21
Premium Subscriber
PD doesn't do this as much, but even there posts rotate and change in some departments, today's 1A12 is 3C14 tomorrow. It is a lot easier to ID FD, EMS, PD without specific unit numbers.
To piggyback off of that, I assume other smaller departments do this for their officers, but we can actually have our officers get their call changed if a district needs a cover so we may have 1A31 when he goes into role call and be told he's 1B10 before he leaves.
When I first got into ID logging, I gave up on patrol units because they change so often it'll stress you out keeping up.

hightime

whistler has a control demo 2.1 exe. for the 1080 scanner, you could try that. It doesn't always catch the rid's with my TRX 1 but it did catch some. I usually use my uniden and proscan to log the rid's

RaleighGuy

Premium Subscriber
whistler has a control demo 2.1 exe. for the 1080 scanner, you could try that. It doesn't always catch the rid's with my TRX 1 but it did catch some. I usually use my uniden and proscan to log the rid's

1. While it catches the RID (most of the time) it doesn't identify them by unit or even agency, it simply gives you the number.

2. The Whistler version is very buggy and frequently has issues. A much more reliable program is the TRX Android Suite, the logging/control program is free but there is a charge for the Android app after trial which is NOT required.

3. I believe he is looking for his local agencies, not VIPER.

Status
Not open for further replies.