ATF - Phoenix Ops [Tactical]

Status
Not open for further replies.

GlobalNorth

Premium Subscriber
My SDS units are locking up on 168.0000 MHz. There is nothing but static and if I run the squelch from its' usual setting at 2 all the way up to 15, the static remains. It cycles for around minute and then drops for a few seconds, then repeats in an irregular cycle. There is no NAC/Sys ID/TG/signal type or other identifiable info displayed.

Is anyone else getting this in the metro Phoenix area or is it just a localized issue for me?

Ravenfalls

Premium Subscriber
Found a VHF freq that does the same on Motorola. It can happen & isnt a true signal. Only happens inside, go out & radio is able to block any non true signals.

dlwtrunked

Premium Subscriber
My SDS units are locking up on 168.0000 MHz. There is nothing but static and if I run the squelch from its' usual setting at 2 all the way up to 15, the static remains. It cycles for around minute and then drops for a few seconds, then repeats in an irregular cycle. There is no NAC/Sys ID/TG/signal type or other identifiable info displayed.

Is anyone else getting this in the metro Phoenix area or is it just a localized issue for me?

This is an extremely common clock frequency for lots of devices. I always see carriers there on all my radios.

ecps92

Every radio has a birdie or two.
One of my older Analog Radios has a birdie right on my dept's Fireground channel, making it useless to listen to that one frequency

Not being familiar with the [some radios have this feature] SDS, is there a feature/adjustment to change the I.F. frequency and see if it goes away ?

Also, FYI 168.0000 is not always going to be BATFE, many other agencies also have/use that frequency.

nd5y

It's probably a harmonic of a 24 MHz or 12 MHz oscillator. See if you get it on other frequencies that are multiples of 12 or 24.

cellphone

Silent key.
Premium Subscriber
168.000 is not producing this behavior on my SDS100 or 200. As Bill stated, it is likely interference near your radio.

There are some things you can do to mitigate this. If you are expecting P25 on this frequency, set it to digital only. Try different filter settings. Try IFX (function + 7) when holding on the frequency.

ecps92

Not owning an SDS, bingo the IFX feature, wasn't sure what is was called.
168.000 is not producing this behavior on my SDS100 or 200. As Bill stated, it is likely interference near your radio.

There are some things you can do to mitigate this. If you are expecting P25 on this frequency, set it to digital only. Try different filter settings. Try IFX (function + 7) when holding on the frequency.

Status
Not open for further replies.