Listening to different talkgroups on P25 Phase I

Status
Not open for further replies.

WyoTxRx

I am trying to listen to a specific talk group on the system called WyoLink (WyoLink Trunking System, Statewide, Multi-State - Scanner Frequencies). I am using DSD Fastlane to tune into the control frequency, but it seems to only give me the talk groups in that county. Laramie County is where I am currently tuning in from and I am attempting to listen to the different talk groups in Fremont county. I don't know a ton about this technology, but I know this is possible since I was able to tune in back home when fighting a fire in a different part of the state, but I don't know how to do it with SDR. Does anyone have insight or experience with this?

theaton

Member N7VU
Database Admin
You generally only hear local TGs, but if someone uses a TG that is out of its normal range the system will link repeaters to allow the connection. You can't automatically hear traffic across the entire system from one site. :-(

conversefeed

Feed Provider
You generally only hear local TGs, but if someone uses a TG that is out of its normal range the system will link repeaters to allow the connection. You can't automatically hear traffic across the entire system from one site. :-(

Correct Wyolink is i multisite system and you will only here other counties if there is a radio in the area that is registered to that talkgroup.

WyoTxRx

Thanks for the info. I was hoping I didn't have to have a radio to listen to my freqs back home, but I might have to do that.

Status
Not open for further replies.