Hoosier SAFE-T thread 2021

Status
Not open for further replies.

west-pac

10241.... E... Franklin County? Federal? Task force? Will try to nab rid used.
That TG looks familiar. I'll have to check UT later today. If I'm thinking correctly it's federal, possibly US Marshalls.

west-pac

10241.... E... Franklin County? Federal? Task force? Will try to nab rid used.

I checked my UT, I have it labeled as 'unknown federal', so it must've been 99 RIDs. I have over 100 hits on that TG.

I also recently got a few hits on TG 10250.

INDY72

Monitoring since 1982, using radios since 1991.
Premium Subscriber
IPSC has recently decided its time to go super secret squirrel with the mapping. Up until last fall, they didn't give a flip about it except to remove all the IDOC sites from the mapping. Now, they removed the mapping, and any inquiries get you told they do not disclose site locations to the public. Stupid, as its openly available via FCC, and FAA data! Matt has a copy of last map, as do I but there was NEVER a map with roads etc on it. That you would need to make yourself. Or go to the DB site pages and use the maps there.

west-pac

Yesterday I heard and saw on UT, RID 9399156, previously long identified, personally and in the Wiki, as Memorial MedFlight West (South Bend), but apparently it is currently being used as IU Life Line Rotor 40/Life Line 4 (Columbus). Both helicopter services are operated by Metro Aviation. I'm curious if Life Line is flying around in a loaner helicopter that is painted for Memorial MedFlight, if Life Line took over the Memorial MedFlight service, or if Memorial MedFlight got a new helicopter and Metro Aviation repurposed/repainted the old helicopter for Life Line to use; or the least exciting scenario, they swapped the radio from one helicopter to the other and didn't change the RID.

INDY72

Premium Subscriber
Yesterday I heard and saw on UT, RID 9399156, previously long identified, personally and in the Wiki, as Memorial MedFlight West (South Bend), but apparently it is currently being used as IU Life Line Rotor 40/Life Line 4 (Columbus). Both helicopter services are operated by Metro Aviation. I'm curious if Life Line is flying around in a loaner helicopter that is painted for Memorial MedFlight, if Life Line took over the Memorial MedFlight service, or if Memorial MedFlight got a new helicopter and Metro Aviation repurposed/repainted the old helicopter for Life Line to use; or the least exciting scenario, they swapped the radio from one helicopter to the other and didn't change the RID.
If they did a radio swap, and did NOT inform IPSC or update it in the SAFE-T Database, IPSC will get VERY grumpy with them lol.

Steve73

Aren't they always grumpy ? Few key programmings and updates I went to they acted like they were put out because they were there and had to work a little.

INDY72

Premium Subscriber
Aren't they always grumpy ? Few key programmings and updates I went to they acted like they were put out because they were there and had to work a little.
Every dealing I have had with them, as long as it was not a 3 am "bug" that took longer than 3 or 4 hours to fix, they were all cool folks. But if you change up your codeplugs and do not let them and the folks around you know about it, and thus cause interop issues with everyone around you when they work hard daily to make sure the whole state is on the same page.... Yeah that makes them ALL unhappy. Or if you are AT&T and promise to be on top of your game, but every connectivity issue is your fault then that makes em grumps too.

west-pac

Is most of the 11xxx TG block not used? Miami and Montgomery counties have some 11xxx TGs, but that's all I've ever seen.

INDY72

Premium Subscriber
Is most of the 11xxx TG block not used? Miami and Montgomery counties have some 11xxx TGs, but that's all I've ever seen.
You know,... I think that your on to something there. That is one of the range groups that is mainly open.

Daniel

I checked my UT, I have it labeled as 'unknown federal', so it must've been 99 RIDs. I have over 100 hits on that TG.

I also recently got a few hits on TG 10250.

Got a hit today on TG 10240 either it went “digital” on me or was ENC was driving at the time so couldn’t mess around too much. Picked up on portable in Whitley County.

west-pac

Is Brown Co SAFE-T site (2) 84 still online? I noticed the license was issued Dec 2019, the site was constructed and operational by Dec 2020, yet IPSC failed to communicate that to the FCC, the license was terminated by the FCC Jan 2021; and while there has been correspondence between IPSC and the FCC this year, the original license has not been reinstated to 'Active' nor has a new license been issued for that site.

INDY72

Premium Subscriber
Not sure, I did receive it a few times, but have not tried recently. If it is, then it would be illegally and IPSC is usually good about avoiding fines etc... Unless there is an STA we have not seen.

west-pac

Not sure, I did receive it a few times, but have not tried recently. If it is, then it would be illegally and IPSC is usually good about avoiding fines etc... Unless there is an STA we have not seen.

Here's another one, that someone could take a stab at if they wish. The CC for site 1(53) Hartford City is not licensed for Hartford City/Blackford county. I looked years ago, and if memory serves me correctly, I believe that frequency is licensed for a neighboring county's site, but used on the Hartford City site.

west-pac

Parkview Hospital network PD (northeast Indiana) appears to be simulcasting their PD TG from their NXDN TRS onto SAFE-T TG 10709. The NXDN TRS dispatch and users are using SAFE-T RID 9330087, and other Parkview PD units are using SAFE-T RIDs from 9330001-9330100. I believe this just started yesterday. Unknown if this simulcast is permanent or temporary.

west-pac

Anyone nail down TG 21725 yet? I noticed it's been talked about in this forum for a couple years without any definitive usage yet. I feel like it's a National Guard TG, since it's National Guard RIDs that I've seen affiliating with it, yet idk it's usage.

INDY72

Premium Subscriber
Anyone nail down TG 21725 yet? I noticed it's been talked about in this forum for a couple years without any definitive usage yet. I feel like it's a National Guard TG, since it's National Guard RIDs that I've seen affiliating with it, yet idk it's usage.
Its definitely IN NG. I have not finalized an full use yet, but its National Guard. I have heard some traffic on it on the Greenwood, ISP D52, and ICG North sites.

west-pac

Its definitely IN NG. I have not finalized an full use yet, but its National Guard. I have heard some traffic on it on the Greenwood, ISP D52, and ICG North sites.

Thanks for confirming that.

ind224

Used to get ISP 33 and some of Morgan Co on CC 853.8875 that I thought was a Morgan Co simulcast but checking the DB it looks like Morgan Co has diff CC's and this is a Hendricks CC. Did I miss a change? Thx

DiGiTaLD

Used to get ISP 33 and some of Morgan Co on CC 853.8875 that I thought was a Morgan Co simulcast but checking the DB it looks like Morgan Co has diff CC's and this is a Hendricks CC. Did I miss a change? Thx
No changes. 853.8875 is licensed as WQEE226 which is Hendricks Simulcast. Nothing physically located inside Morgan County is set up as simulcast. You will see a lot of Morgan County radios and conceivably ISP District 33 radios affiliating to Hendricks Simulcast because Hendricks Simulcast covers well into the northern part of Morgan County.

Status
Not open for further replies.