BC125AT: Antenna issue

Status
Not open for further replies.

jaymatt1978

Let me begin with saying I love the 125AT, greatest scanner for what I use it for! It's great EXCEPT the antenna connection keeps loosen on mme when I mount it on my scooter. No other scanner has doe this onme

n1chu

Premium Subscriber
Under the heading of;

Hey Doc, it hurts when I do this… the doctor replies well, don’t do that!

You could stop using it on the scooter or, pad the mount to reduce the vibrations. They have sticky backed foam padding you can use on the mount. Another possibility would be to tighten the antenna connection just slightly more than you have been but that’s risky… maybe some thread lock from Locktight might work?

GROL

Antenna comes loose from the connector, or antenna connector comes loose on the inside?

cfsimmont

Premium Subscriber
Let me begin with saying I love the 125AT, greatest scanner for what I use it for! It's great EXCEPT the antenna connection keeps loosen on mme when I mount it on my scooter. No other scanner has doe this onme

Are you using the stock antenna? The BNC connection on my 125 mounts fairly tight with most of my antennas, but it could be an issue with the connection on your antenna. If you have an extra BNC antenna try it and see if it connects the same.

Status
Not open for further replies.