CCRTA IC&E

Status
Not open for further replies.

P25andstuff

So I made my way back up to cape cod with the correct equipment for CCRTA. Im using an SDR with DSDplus. Im on the falmouth IC&E site. I noticed that some RIDs don't give any audio but show up as a group call (TG 416 and 417). Im getting great signal so its not a loss issue. So could it be some kind of data? Im lost on this.

P25andstuff

*Update* Its multiple IDs doing this. I'll hear the beginning of a convo from one ID. Then when the Id responds I completely Miss it or in general some IDs give me audio and many don't. The SDR sees the freq and the group call but I don't get any audio. It's only these CCRTA groups too. It's driving me insane.

StoliRaz

🇺🇲
Premium Subscriber
Well Im currently in Falmouth. I will be able to hit orleans tomorrow hopefully.
You should be able to get other nearby sites i.e. Bourne/Barnstable from there. I listen to several south shore sites i.e. Foxboro/Taunton/West Bridgewater/Freetown/Quincy/Kingston and recall seeing CCRTA traffic on at least one of those sites a few days ago, they sounded fine (Uniden 436hp)

P25andstuff

You should be able to get other nearby sites i.e. Bourne/Barnstable from there. I listen to several south shore sites i.e. Foxboro/Taunton/West Bridgewater/Freetown/Quincy/Kingston and recall seeing CCRTA traffic on at least one of those sites a few days ago, they sounded fine.
I am not able to get barnstable surprisingly. But my sdr shows the group call but I get no audio I just don’t know why. Maybe Im too close to the Falmouth site? I have no clue.

StoliRaz

🇺🇲
Premium Subscriber
Frustrating, I was listening to ICE earlier today and had to shut down to go out quick but caught one of the "unknown dumpster companies" (according to ScanNE's wiki on the site) say "someone call Imperial Hyundai, there's 2 cars in the way" Using Google maps the dumpster behind the Imperial Hyundai building says Casella. So unless they changed vendors, Casella is on ICE but I neglected to look at the TGID 🤦

Status
Not open for further replies.