NEXTEL IS ALIVE

Status
Not open for further replies.

mmckenna

I ♥ Ø
No, Nextel isn't back.

Those guys were at IWCE back in 2017. They are selling Cheap Chinese Radios with an LTE radio in them. It's not Nextel, it's just a cheap radio with PTT over cellular function.

From the bottom of the webpage:
"Disclaimer: NEXTEL™ Communications is not affiliated with Sprint Communications Inc."

And, Sprint is/was fighting back:
Not sure what the current state of that lawsuit is right now.

bharvey2

The mobiles look like TYT or Anytone clones. It'll be interesting to seen whether this pans our or if they fizzle away. A few of the major cell phone carriers have dipped there toes in the PTT water but it doesn't seem like customers ever took to them like they did to Nextel 1.0.

mmckenna

I ♥ Ø
The mobiles look like TYT or Anytone clones.

Yeah, the ones they had there in 2017 were not impressive radios. They were absolutely of the CCR product line with a yellow "Nextel |" sticker on them.

The cell phone was just a cheap smart phone with a yellow/black case and a PTT app.

It'll be interesting to seen whether this pans our or if they fizzle away. A few of the major cell phone carriers have dipped there toes in the PTT water but it doesn't seem like customers ever took to them like they did to Nextel 1.0.

I haven't seen it go very far since they first showed up. I don't know of anyone using them.
Public safety learned their lesson about Nextel way back, and I don't think that's worn off yet. Even when it does, there are better options out there.
This is just a marketing gimmick.

Status
Not open for further replies.