Hillsborough County Fire Rescue Grid locations

Status
Not open for further replies.

Petertherock

Does anyone know where I could find a map of grid locations for Hillsborough fire? Right now the only thing I know is the two closest stations near my house so I just listen to hear if those particular apparatus are dispatched. It would be nice to know the approximate grid locations. Is this info available anymore?

ke4crc

Premium Subscriber
Does anyone know where I could find a map of grid locations for Hillsborough fire?

I don't understand what your asking for. I haven't lessened to Hillsborough for any length of time in 20 years.
but I am willing to try and help you if possible.

frankbreden

Premium Subscriber
Does anyone know where I could find a map of grid locations for Hillsborough fire? Right now the only thing I know is the two closest stations near my house so I just listen to hear if those particular apparatus are dispatched. It would be nice to know the approximate grid locations. Is this info available anymore?
Are you in Maine? Tell me where you live I will help.

BLSBoy

Are you talking about the box?
IE address in box 0907?

tampabaynews

Keeping your PIO busy
Premium Subscriber
HCFR uses partial USNG coordinates.

The standard USNG coordinates for I-4 and I-75 would be 17R LL 6951 9814.

Basically, omit 17R since the entire county is in 17R. Leaves you with either LL or LM which are the only ones in Hillsborough. Then just take the first two digits from the next set of two numbers.

Thus, an incident at I-4 and I-75 would be at LL6998, as mapped by HCFR. It’s pretty much a 1KM grid in that format.

Last edited:

Petertherock

HCFR uses partial USNG coordinates.

The standard USNG coordinates for I-4 and I-75 would be 17R LL 6951 9814.

Basically, omit 17R since the entire county is in 17R. Leaves you with either LL or LM which are the only ones in Hillsborough. Then just take the first two digits from the next set of two numbers.

Thus, an incident at I-4 and I-75 would be at LL6998, as mapped by HCFR. It’s pretty much a 1KM grid in that format.
Thank you!

BLSBoy

Similar, it would be like “…respond to a structure fire Grid LL6734…” and then they would give the address.
It's been....11+ years since I worked there, used to be dispatched as address, in box XXXX. I am guessing that they are one in the same

batdude

Florida Db Admin / Florida Forum Moderator
i did a minor edit to the title on this thread to help everyone out in the future.... "HCFR" may not translate well in a search.

doug

Status
Not open for further replies.