BCT15X: Transmissions suddenly staticky/choppy

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yesterday while scanning, my Uniden BCT15X started being very choppy/staticky over every transmission. The only way I can describe it is it sounded like a helicopter... (I had a similar issue back in April, and someone was kind enough to point out that it may have been some sort of rf interference, and that issue was fixed by moving the scanner.) So yesterday when this happened I picked up the radio and moved it around, which only helped a little and/or for a short time. I tried turning it off and back on (twice), but none of this would fix this weird static. Eventually I got sick of hearing it and turned the radio off. A few hours later I turned it back on, and it has been working fine since.

I'm wondering if it's some sort of interference or issue with the antenna, and I would love to figure out what is causing it and how to fix it if it happens again.

Thank you in advance to anyone who can help :)

trentbob

W3BUX- Bucks County, PA
Premium Subscriber
What's your hometown, County and State and what systems or frequencies is it happening on.

N8IAA

Are you monitoring yur city's EDACS system? They are in the process of moving to a Phase I, P-25 system. Could be gliches while they are doing the work on that new system.
This should be asked in the NY state forum for better answers.
Click on Report and ask a mod to move it there.

Status
Not open for further replies.