Tucson Fire training frequencies

Status
Not open for further replies.

chip448

Feed Provider
Hello!

When listening to TFD on the PCWIN TRS, from time to time someone will request a training channel. I have heard E11 and E13 assigned. I assume these are conventional frequencies, likely UHF from looking at Tucson's various radio licenses. Is this the case, and if so, does anyone have a list of their conventional frequencies?

Thanks!

KB7MIB

IIRC, Tucson Fire was in the 460 MHz public safety band, prior to PCWIN.

Living up in Peoria in the Phoenix metro, I don't know if they've retained more than the one channel listed in the RRDB for training, if they use one of their 700/800 MHz simplex fireground channels that are mentioned in the RRDB description but are not actually listed, or if they have talkgroups for training that haven't yet been discovered and submitted to the RRDB. (There are a few Public Safety Academy talkgroups listed, but they're not listed as used by TFD.)

John
Peoria

DanRollman

Database Admin
Hello!

When listening to TFD on the PCWIN TRS, from time to time someone will request a training channel. I have heard E11 and E13 assigned. I assume these are conventional frequencies, likely UHF from looking at Tucson's various radio licenses. Is this the case, and if so, does anyone have a list of their conventional frequencies?

Thanks!

TFD doesn't use their old 450 MHz frequencies anymore (other than for a back-up station alerting system, but not in their actual subscriber radios).

I have added those E-deck talkgroups to the PCWIN page in the database. Whenever you hear someone assigned to a talkgroup that isn't in the database, "ID Search" mode is your friend, and please definitely click "Submit" on the database page to report new finds.

Of course, even if you don't find the new talk group, please do as you did hear and report in this forum that you heard reference to a channel that isn't in the database, because someone can dig in to it and try to figure it out from recordings or otherwise.

Dan

chip448

Feed Provider
TFD doesn't use their old 450 MHz frequencies anymore (other than for a back-up station alerting system, but not in their actual subscriber radios).

I have added those E-deck talkgroups to the PCWIN page in the database. Whenever you hear someone assigned to a talkgroup that isn't in the database, "ID Search" mode is your friend, and please definitely click "Submit" on the database page to report new finds.

Of course, even if you don't find the new talk group, please do as you did hear and report in this forum that you heard reference to a channel that isn't in the database, because someone can dig in to it and try to figure it out from recordings or otherwise.

Dan
Thank you for adding those TG's to the database Dan!

I live in Illinois and became interested in monitoring TFD while visiting the area back in March; since then I've been listening via TFD's official scanner feed. I'm hoping to return next year and am trying to make sure my scanner's TG list is as complete as possible. If I hear any additional unlisted TG references, I'll post them here. Thanks again!

Status
Not open for further replies.