Confusion over PMR frequencies

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rob210386

At the risk of asking a dumb question could somebody please help me to understand, why it is that when listening to RFS PMR channels (Wollondilly brigades in this example) they show up as coming from the Simpson Hill repeater (420.250) and not Mt Gibraltar on (466.9000 or 462.4875) or somewhere closer? Is this correct or am i missing something?

hhca

Hi, when you say "show up as coming from" please explain? Where does it say this? How are you listening? Thanks

Rob210386

Thanks for the reply, I have a Uniden SDS100, i programmed it using the radio reference database specifically in this case (New South Wales - NSW Rural Fire Services Scanner Frequencies and Radio Frequency Reference) and for the frequency 420.250 it matches a few areas but also E070 RFS PMR HORNSBY - Simpson Hill. When i programmed the scanner i only entered "Simpson hill" so i understand that's why the words simpson hill appear on the screen however I cant understand why Wollondilly brigades are coming through on this channel/repeater?
Thanks again.

longreach

Feed Provider
Thanks for the reply, I have a Uniden SDS100, i programmed it using the radio reference database specifically in this case (New South Wales - NSW Rural Fire Services Scanner Frequencies and Radio Frequency Reference) and for the frequency 420.250 it matches a few areas but also E070 RFS PMR HORNSBY - Simpson Hill. When i programmed the scanner i only entered "Simpson hill" so i understand that's why the words simpson hill appear on the screen however I cant understand why Wollondilly brigades are coming through on this channel/repeater?
Thanks again.
Rob,
For starters Wollondilly (Now Southern Highlands) is not on any PMR(conventional channel). They are GRN only. The 462mhz frequencies are long gone.
Each area (Team/Zone) has their own PMR 'channel' or GRN 'Talkgroup', however with the rise of centralised dispatch you'll hear multiple areas come up in certain areas. Southern Highlands are due to join centralised dispatch soon.
Each PMR (conventional) channel has a NAC attached to it so the same frequency can be reused in different areas without interference.
And lastly the database is out of date here. Your better off with going to an Australian based site like Scan Sydney. There's also Facebook pages like Scanning NSW which might be more help. Not many of us tend to come over here much anymore.
PM if you need details or help.
Cheers
Matt

Status
Not open for further replies.