MPSCS Sites/Talkgroups 2021

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ronaldski

MI DB Admin
Database Admin
I understand though that's for portables, but vehicle installations for the new radio are anticipated completed by October.

stwings

Premium Subscriber
I understand though that's for portables, but vehicle installations for the new radio are anticipated completed by October.
October is a little optimistic, but yes that is true. All traffic is on the MPSCS, the EDACS is backup now.

djbisme

Premium Subscriber
Berrien County is using TG paging for fire dept paging. Here is a list of most of the municipality paging talk groups.

Berrien County Michigan
DecimalHexAlpha TagModeDescriptionTagCategory
1325133C3DNiles City PagingFire DispatchBerrien County Paging
1374735B311FDBHCDBenton Harbor City Fire PageFire DispatchBerrien County Paging
13963368B11FDSTJDSt Joseph Fire PagingFire DispatchBerrien County Paging
13979369BDNew Buffalo Twp Fire PagingFire DispatchBerrien County Paging
231265A56DBuchanan City Fire PagingFire DispatchBerrien County Paging
231275A57DBertrand Twp Fire PagingFire DispatchBerrien County Paging
231285A58DBertrand & Buchanan Twp PagingFire DispatchBerrien County Paging
231305A5ADBerrien Springs Fire PagingFire DispatchBerrien County Paging
231315A5BDBenton Twp Fire PagingFire DispatchBerrien County Paging
231345A5E11FDLINCDLincoln Township Fire PageFire DispatchBerrien County Paging
231355A5FDChicaming Fire First Responders PagingFire DispatchBerrien County Paging
231385A62DNorth Berrien Fire PagingFire DispatchBerrien County Paging
231405A64DNiles Twp Fire PagingFire DispatchBerrien County Paging
231505A6EDThree Oaks Ambulance PagingFire DispatchBerrien County Paging
231515A6FDThree Oaks Fire PagingFire DispatchBerrien County Paging
231525A70DWeesaw Fire PagingFire DispatchBerrien County Paging
231535A71DWatervliet Fire PagingFire DispatchBerrien County Paging

Last edited:

rcid1971

Premium Subscriber
Visiting your great state, and I have an old Sentinel load that includes an MPSCS Lansing Site, but can't find Lansing listed as a site anymore in the RRDB.

Does this site no longer exist, and should I instead focus efforts on receiving the Ingham County Simulcast?

djbisme

Premium Subscriber
Visiting your great state, and I have an old Sentinel load that includes an MPSCS Lansing Site, but can't find Lansing listed as a site anymore in the RRDB.

Does this site no longer exist, and should I instead focus efforts on receiving the Ingham County Simulcast?

From the database:
Ingham County, Michigan (MI) Scanner Frequencies and Radio Frequency Reference (radioreference.com)
Looks like the county is transitioning to the MPSCS system (as of this week). I would load the Ingham Simulcast site, which looks like it was recently updated. Maybe others who live in the area can comment more specifically.

Ronaldski

MI DB Admin
Database Admin
Lansing, east Lansing towers were incorporated into the Ingham simulcast system last week or so. They don't exist as separate towers nor their frequencies, hence why they aren't in the database anymore. You need to update your radio.
Always prudent to update your sentinel routinely, plus especially if you go traveling.

stantorres

For the last 2 years when I have vacationed in Waters (Gaylord area) I have started to experience distortion that sounds similar to simulcast on my BC396T. I am pretty close to the Waters Tower and always had perfect full quieting receive on mpscs. Half the transmissions are crystal clear, and half have simulcast-like distortion now. Did the Waters/Gaylord/Crawford area go to simulcast by chance? Not seeing it in the database.

hockeyref2

For the last 2 years when I have vacationed in Waters (Gaylord area) I have started to experience distortion that sounds similar to simulcast on my BC396T. I am pretty close to the Waters Tower and always had perfect full quieting receive on mpscs. Half the transmissions are crystal clear, and half have simulcast-like distortion now. Did the Waters/Gaylord/Crawford area go to simulcast by chance? Not seeing it in the database.

I can hear Grayling and Waters from my house... I have not really noticed anything different.

djbisme

Premium Subscriber
I was in Grayling a few times this summer and used the Waters tower and could hear everything fine on my SDS100. But that supports simulcast (not sure if Waters is simulcast??), so not sure if that helps you at all.

stantorres

After I saw the post from hockeyref2 I decided to "look inward" ha ha. Found a bad antenna. Never seen a portable antenna fail without visible damage before. I switched to a different antenna and I'm back to good audio. Didn't see that coming. Thanks hockeyref2!

stwings

Premium Subscriber
After I saw the post from hockeyref2 I decided to "look inward" ha ha. Found a bad antenna. Never seen a portable antenna fail without visible damage before. I switched to a different antenna and I'm back to good audio. Didn't see that coming. Thanks hockeyref2!
Glad to hear you sorted it out!

hockeyref2

some unknowns...
4163 - some sort of MDOT group. Sounded like traffic control on road work. I previously had the radio ID as an MDOT plow. Waters site
5504 - great lakes energy. waters site
5357 "Requesting EMS All Call" from Otsego Central dispatch. Waters site
4745 - Fire paging for a brush fire, station 9 Otsego County. Wiki says its DNR? Waters Site

dmchalmers

dmchalmers

Late reply but i'm east of Lovells tower an have been recieving everything fine? I think, new to Digital BCD 436hp on a 30" tower. Any tips would be gladly taken new to all this Sentinel.

stwings

Premium Subscriber
Late reply but i'm east of Lovells tower an have been recieving everything fine? I think, new to Digital BCD 436hp on a 30" tower. Any tips would be gladly taken new to all this Sentinel.
I found this video is a good place to start. He uses the SDS100 for the demonstration so don't let that throw you. There is a whole rabbit hole of other videos about the Sentinel software on YouTube.

IStebleton

Premium Subscriber
There's a new medical helicopter in Michigan, N813AM (Panda One). Any clue what TGID they may be using? They're based in Flint, so maybe someone out that way can catch a new TG.

Status
Not open for further replies.