Zello feed from a Raspberry Pi

Status
Not open for further replies.

ktx21

This error is cause by an unsupported sampling rate being set to your usb sound card.
You will have to do some research and/or test common sampling rates to see which are supported by that specific sound card.

The sample rate is set on line 81 in Andy's original code and default is 16,000Hz (16kHz)

Thank you! I got it working using 48,000Hz. That fixed that issue, now I am getting this:

ALSA lib pcm.c:2565: (snd_pcm_open_noupdate) Unknown PCM cards.pcm.rear
ALSA lib pcm.c:2565: (snd_pcm_open_noupdate) Unknown PCM cards.pcm.center_lfe
ALSA lib pcm.c:2565: (snd_pcm_open_noupdate) Unknown PCM cards.pcm.side
ALSA lib pcm.c:2565: (snd_pcm_open_noupdate) Unknown PCM cards.pcm.hdmi
ALSA lib pcm.c:2565: (snd_pcm_open_noupdate) Unknown PCM cards.pcm.hdmi
ALSA lib pcm.c:2565: (snd_pcm_open_noupdate) Unknown PCM cards.pcm.modem
ALSA lib pcm.c:2565: (snd_pcm_open_noupdate) Unknown PCM cards.pcm.modem
ALSA lib pcm.c:2565: (snd_pcm_open_noupdate) Unknown PCM cards.pcm.phoneline
ALSA lib pcm.c:2565: (snd_pcm_open_noupdate) Unknown PCM cards.pcm.phoneline
ALSA lib pcm_oss.c:377: (_snd_pcm_oss_open) Unknown field port
ALSA lib pcm_oss.c:377: (_snd_pcm_oss_open) Unknown field port
ALSA lib pcm_a52.c:823: (_snd_pcm_a52_open) a52 is only for playback
ALSA lib pcm_usb_stream.c:486: (_snd_pcm_usb_stream_open) Invalid type for card
ALSA lib pcm_usb_stream.c:486: (_snd_pcm_usb_stream_open) Invalid type for card
{'command': 'on_channel_status', 'channel': ' - deleted - ', 'status': 'online', 'users_online': 2, 'images_supported': True, 'texting_supported': True, 'locations_supported': True}
{'stream_id': - deleted -, 'success': True, 'seq': 2}
sending to stream_id - deleted -
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "zellostream.py", line 180, in <module>
data = record(.06)
File "zellostream.py", line 93, in record
data = stream.read(chunk)
File "/home/pi/.local/lib/python3.7/site-packages/pyaudio.py", line 608, in read
return pa.read_stream(self._stream, num_frames, exception_on_overflow)
OSError: [Errno -9981] Input overflowed

Anyone know what causes "Input overflowed" and how to fix it? Thanks!

ktx21

Would anyone be able to help me fix this "OSError: [Errno -9981] Input overflowed" error? From my research I believe it has something to do with the sampling rate and "chunk size". I changed the sampling rate like @bunangst suggested, and I was able to get the stream going - but it sends literally one second of audio to the stream and then crashes with the above error. I tried adjusting the "chunk" value to 1024, 2048, etc., but get an "opuslib.exceptions.OpusError: b'invalid argument'" error. Any assistance would be greatly appreciated.

DC31

Feed Provider
A gateway bridges between zello and the conventional radio. With such a setup, one can speak into Zello and have it broadcast to the conventional radios. I have heard of it being done but have never attempted it myself.

xicarusx

Feed Provider
A gateway bridges between zello and the conventional radio. With such a setup, one can speak into Zello and have it broadcast to the conventional radios. I have heard of it being done but have never attempted it myself.

Something like that could be done with a toggle switch that toggles the input between the microphone and your feed. All the software looks for is a volume over a certain level. So hardware switch to switch off feed and switch on mic and vise versa.

DC31

Feed Provider
As I recall, the one that I heard about used a Baofeng radio that had a VOX feature in it. Rather than trying to toggke the mic with a switch

Drazic

Hi all.

I have a RPI 4, USB sound card snd my scanner that I want to try this with. Have used an old phone but it wasn’t that good.

I am not that clued up or understand all the codes etc. I presume this needs a screen to be connected to it for setting up? No option to run it headless and it auto loads etc. Theory being about mobile deployment.

1 is there an image I can flash to the SD and then boot and away I go.

2 is there a really easy to follow guide with the commands/code I need to run (sorry if I have missed this).

3 if anyone was willing to help then beer money would be offered.

Thank you

Status
Not open for further replies.