• To anyone looking to acquire commercial radio programming software:

Please do not make requests for copies of radio programming software which is sold (or was sold) by the manufacturer for any monetary value. All requests will be deleted and a forum infraction issued. Making a request such as this is attempting to engage in software piracy and this forum cannot be involved or associated with this activity. The same goes for any private transaction via Private Message. Even if you attempt to engage in this activity in PM's we will still enforce the forum rules. Your PM's are not private and the administration has the right to read them if there's a hint to criminal activity.

If you are having trouble legally obtaining software please state so. We do not want any hurt feelings when your vague post is mistaken for a free request. It is YOUR responsibility to properly word your request.

To obtain Motorola software see the Sticky in the Motorola forum.

The various other vendors often permit their dealers to sell the software online (i.e., Kenwood). Please use Google or some other search engine to find a dealer that sells the software. Typically each series or individual radio requires its own software package. Often the Kenwood software is less than $100 so don't be a cheapskate; just purchase it.

For M/A Com/Harris/GE, etc: there are two software packages that program all current and past radios. One package is for conventional programming and the other for trunked programming. The trunked package is in upwards of $2,500. The conventional package is more reasonable though is still several hundred dollars. The benefit is you do not need multiple versions for each radio (unlike Motorola).

This is a large and very visible forum. We cannot jeopardize the ability to provide the RadioReference services by allowing this activity to occur. Please respect this.

Baofeng CHIRP import problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

KF0CQP

<unknown>:1:653: not well-formed (invalid token)

I just signed up for premium at radioreference.com and cannot get CHIRP to query. I received the above error. Can anyone help me.

Complete newbie here. Be gentle. :)

ka3jjz

Wiki Admin Emeritus
Chirp doesn't use the RR import function - it's their own design. You should post this on the Chirp support forum on qth.net

Mike

KF0CQP

Thank you but these links aren't very intuitive and I wasn't able to find any place to post my question. And I already updated CHIRP yesterday from the other link you provided.

Prior to my post, I also did a lengthy Google search with no results.

Still no solution.

n0xvz

Premium Subscriber
Thank you but these links aren't very intuitive and I wasn't able to find any place to post my question. And I already updated CHIRP yesterday from the other link you provided.

Prior to my post, I also did a lengthy Google search with no results.
What operating system are you using? What radio are you trying to update? Did you download an image of your radio before trying to import from RR?

The error you posted appears to be a generic error (at least from what my novice self reads). If you sign up for the mailing list, it will let you send your question to everyone subscribed. I'm confident someone there could better help you with your issue.

KF0CQP

Baofeng uv 82
Windows 8.1

I've tried manual entry and csv and am having no luck that way either. I dont understand/remember what all the columns are for. This software is the pits.

I gave up. I queried from zipcode and then made dually entered on my radio the other 65 frequencies.

I'm just feeling a bit deflated. Alot of trouble for no activity on my radio except the weather. Yeehaw. What. fun new hobby. 😑

KK4JUG

Premium Subscriber
Your problems are probably not with Chirp or Windows. Rather, it's the radio.

KF0CQP

Helpful. Thanks.

How can the radio be a problem if I haven't even gotten to the point of loading channels and turning it on?

KK4JUG

Premium Subscriber
A little research on this site will show you that it's not a well thought of radio. While there are some admirers, the initials CCR* are generally used to describe the Beofeng and similar radios.

*Cheap Chinese Radio

KF0CQP

I can read and I did read and it was about as much help as the answers I'm getting here. But thanks for playing.

n0xvz

Premium Subscriber
I can read and I did read and it was about as much help as the answers I'm getting here. But thanks for playing.
I'd love to help you, but I don't know the root cause of your problem. I could only help you troubleshoot so far.

I'm going to suggest again that you sign up for the mailing list and ask your question there. I'm confident someone there could better help you with your issue.

KF0CQP

I'd love to help you, but I don't know the root cause of your problem. I could only help you troubleshoot so far.

I'm going to suggest again that you sign up for the mailing list and ask your question there. I'm confident someone there could better help you with your issue.
I might but mailing lists don't usually answer questions. They just spam your inbox. And you've been very courteous. Thank you. But I just input all my channels manually. And since I only paid for membership here so that my import would work, I'll probably be asking for a refund.

alcahuete

Premium Subscriber
I might but mailing lists don't usually answer questions. They just spam your inbox. And you've been very courteous. Thank you. But I just input all my channels manually. And since I only paid for membership here so that my import would work, I'll probably be asking for a refund.

CHIRP and RadioReference are not affiliated. If CHIRP isn't working, it's a problem with CHIRP, or user error. The RR Database works just fine.

Status
Not open for further replies.