BCT15X: BCT15X Reset

Status
Not open for further replies.

RyanR84

I just purchased a BCT15x. I am unable to receive any programmed frequencies. It came preloaded with a bunch of stations and customs groups. Im unable to select the groups that I've programmed and they will not receive. id like to do a full rest to ensure that I've got a clean slate but I'm unable to do a reset on it either. any suggestions before I contact the place I bought it from?

fxdscon

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Premium Subscriber
I just purchased a BCT15x. I am unable to receive any programmed frequencies. It came preloaded with a bunch of stations and customs groups. Im unable to select the groups that I've programmed and they will not receive. id like to do a full rest to ensure that I've got a clean slate but I'm unable to do a reset on it either. any suggestions before I contact the place I bought it from?
-
Here's a link to a previous post on that:

RyanR84

I’ve seen that one. The unit won’t accept the command. At startup it tries to store a random channel instead of asking to attempt a reset.

tvengr

Well Known Member
It is very difficult to press and hold all 3 buttons properly while turning the scanner on by yourself. If someone else is available, have them turn on the scanner while you hold the buttons.

iMONITOR

Silent Key
Premium Subscriber
It is very difficult to press and hold all 3 buttons properly while turning the scanner on by yourself. If someone else is available, have them turn on the scanner while you hold the buttons.

Totally agree, you have to be a contortionists or a octopus to perform this maneuver! I think it was derived from Paul's sense of humor. :)

1631893260085.png

fxdscon

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Premium Subscriber
I’ve seen that one. The unit won’t accept the command. At startup it tries to store a random channel instead of asking to attempt a reset.
-
As others have mentioned, you need to firmly hold down all 3 buttons (2, 9, and the "hold" button) while turning on the scanner. The instructions are directly from the BCT15X user manual available at this link, and it does work:

Last edited:

a417

Always used the "3 pencils" trick. Eraser ends down and they don't slide off the buttons, hold them all together in place then hit power.

RyanR84

well I finally got it to reset. Ive tried programming both a trunked system and a conventional and the unit will not receive either. I'm starting to wonder if its inoperable..

fxdscon

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Premium Subscriber
well I finally got it to reset. Ive tried programming both a trunked system and a conventional and the unit will not receive either. I'm starting to wonder if its inoperable..
Can you receive your local NOAA weather frequency?

RyanR84

Can you receive your local NOAA weather frequency?
I did try that after posting this and it is receiving weather. Operator error I guess. This is my first trucking scanner. Less than user friendly I see.

RyanR84

I guess my next question will be can this unit pick up Motorola type 2 smart zone channels?

N9JIG

Sheriff
The BCT15X will pick up analog Motorola trunking systems but no digital at all.

The pre-programmed BearTracker feature are woefully out of date. As they are hardcoded into the radio they are not erased by resetting the radio, only Systems/Groups are so cleared. To turn off the BearTracker mode press the POL and HP buttons until the various letters on the bottom row are gone.

RyanR84

The BCT15X will pick up analog Motorola trunking systems but no digital at all.

The pre-programmed BearTracker feature are woefully out of date. As they are hardcoded into the radio they are not erased by resetting the radio, only Systems/Groups are so cleared. To turn off the BearTracker mode press the POL and HP buttons until the various letters on the bottom row are gone.
I’m seeing this. I’m looking at possibly the BCD996P2. Would this be a good option. I’m really only trying to pick up one system and it appears to be smartzone digital.

Status
Not open for further replies.