SDR# TETRA Demodulator Trunk Tracking Demonstration

thewraith2008

26th Public Release - TETRA Trunk Tracker and TETRA Demodulator plug-in - v1.8.6.0

This package (version) of TETRA Trunk Tracker and TETRA Demodulator plug-in (with codec libtetradec.dll) are only meant to be used
with each other and with no other previous versions. To do so will cause issues.

TETRA Demodulator plug-in has been updated by me. "Tweaked Edition (Unofficial) v1.8.6.0"
This is required to be used with TETRA Trunk Tracker v1.8.6.0. Please read the documentation files in zip for plug-in.

This plug-in version changes/adds and fixes some items:
Code:
v1.8.6.0

Changed: (Silence) Audio insertion when frame stealing is used (TMO only).

Changed: Reset audio buffer on call change

FIXED: SDS 'Text_coding_scheme' error

CHANGED: Internal handling of volume range for old and new SDR# (1732+)

Changed: Yet some more tweaking to the UI for SDR# 1811 (and hopefully higher)

Fixed/Changed: Error was seen at SDR# start up complaining that 'System.Web.Extensions.dll' could not be found.
- Removed the dependency on the 'System.Web.Extensions.dll' library (JSON)
- This is issue was only for SDR# 1784+ which uses .NET 5 Core and no long uses this library.

Minor changes to UI
- Hide Audio AGC controls when not used (Thresh/Slope/Decay)

Added: Displaying GSSI labels in 'Network Info' > 'Calls' window

Changed: When TTT mode is enabled, the 'Auto' checkbox is replace by label "TTT Enabled"
- NOTE: The timeslots are under control of TTT when in TTT enable mode.

Changed: Minor port control code change

Added: Optional labels (MCC/MNC/LA)

Fixed: Physical layer burst timeslot updating was not occurring when timeslots where not used/seen.
- e.g When DMO or TMO discontinuous bursts. This was affecting how audio was passed in the plug-in.

Changed: Signal quality indicator for both TMO/DMO (EN) (previously added in v1.0.8.0)

Fixed: A SDS message was missing an output element so TTT could tell when a unknown protocol ID was seen.
- For the Unknown protocol ID handling feature in TTT

see changelog.txt for more details

If SDR# is crashing when 'Demodulator' is enabled, it's because you have not set-up the plug-in correctly.
You MUST do this 1st. This is NOT TETRA Trunk Trackers fault.

You generally need to get these installed:
"Microsoft .NET Framework 4.6.2 (Offline Installer)"
"Microsoft .NET Framework 4.7.2 (Offline Installer)"
"Microsoft Visual C++ 2015 Redistributable" and install both 32/64 bit versions (if you use 64 bit OS)

This TETRA Trunk Tracker version changes/adds and fixes some items:
Code:
v1.8.6.0 (includes previously unreleased changes)

CHANGED: TTT would ignore setting up a call when the callid had already been used in another recent call.

CHANGED: Extended 'VC Volume' range for newer SDR# (1732+)

FIX: Issue with some regions datatype (Boolean)

FIX: Sounds: Priority WAV
- If the number of the priority file was changed, TTT did not update the change.

CHANGES/FIX: 'Presets 2' - LA selector
- Various

FIX: TTT Single mode
- Call information was incorrectly sent to VC SDR#. (Which is not used in single mode)
  This was shown in the status panel as 'SET: No SDR# NET connection' for 'callinfo'

FIX: Rare error (in 'Section 48a') that resulted in a halted TTT when seen (with error message)
- Some redundant code was a problem when field was blank and comparision was done.

see changelog.txt for more details

Has been tested on Windows 7 - Basic (64 bit)
Has been tested on Windows 7 - Professional SP1 (32 bit), English
Has been tested on Windows 10 - Professional (64 bit)

I have created it to suit my needs. And it currently works for me with the TETRA network I monitor.

I make no claim that it will work for other networks.

Please read the provided files for set-up and usage:

• TTT_set-up_manual.pdf
  • TTT_Features_and_Usage.pdf
  • TETRA_Demodulator.pdf

I have tried to be as thorough as possible with the documentation to explain usage and features.
I believe any questions can be answered by reading these files.
These files most likely are not complete and contain errors and are not laid out as good as they could be.

The TETRA plug-in is now been mainly tested with SDR# 1700 on Windows 7 Professional 32 bit with no issues seen.
The TETRA plug-in with SDR# 1700 on Windows 7-10 64 bit PCs is partly tested with no issues seen.
The TETRA plug-in with SDR# 1727+ on Windows 7-10 32/64 bit PCs is partly tested with no issues seen.
The TETRA plug-in with SDR# 1822 on Windows 7 32 bit PC is partly tested with no issues seen.

It only works with the provided TETRA plug-in supplied in zip. (2021-September-11).
This version no longer uses a custom compiled version of 'Net Remote'

It is only meant to be a temporary solution until something better comes along.

I don't use this plug-in any more so I'm not able to tell if it is without issues.
I don't use the later versions of SDR# (1784-1822+) so I'm not able to tell if it is without issues.
I would recommend sticking with SDR# v1716 when using this plug-in.

Please report any issues.

With SDR# move to using .NET 5 Core (1784+), this plug-in may end up no longer working as expected or at all.
SDR# can now allow plug-ins to operate from the 'Plugins' folder or it's sub folders.
At the moment, this plugin's DLLs can have the DLLs file placed in the (SDR# 1784+) 'Plugins' folder and it should still work.
But any files created by the plug-in will still be placed in the SDR# root folder.

Note: This link now is to a folder that stores the download, which means the link to the location of the files will stay the same but the files in it can vary.
Download
NOTE: Use 7zip or WinRAR to extract files from the .7z file and read the .PDF files for installation and usage of files with SDR#.

MD5 HASH 3ae57f4514df04464d5f2480926dff71

thewraith2008

Download still works OK.

There are three ways to do it. Just don't use 'Download as ZIP' as that is not right.
  1. Highlight file and select the down arrow icon at bottom right of screen.
  2. Highlight file and select the "..." to the right and select Download > Standard download.
  3. Highlight file and right click it and select Download > Standard download.

Latest version (v1.8.6.0) can be found here: MEGA - Download
Release post here

oz1jua

Yes the best version ever. Thanks for the great work TheWraith2008. The only thing I have seen is that somtime it do not update text for the LA.
But I realy like that you have this integrated in the new version. I now have to find the missing towers in my city.
Thanks Again.

KrisMar

Hi there, very good program works very well. As far as audio recording options are concerned, when VAC is set to "2 channels 16 bit 48000 Hz" the message "ERROR-(samples/sec)" pops up. I had to create a VAC channel and set "1 channel 16 bit 22050 Hz". My question is if it is possible to edit the names "MNC" and "LA"? If someone had such data he could enter them and TTT program would show them in the window like "MCC". This would be a great solution because during propagation you can receive many stations from far away and you would know from where the signal is being received, what user.

vselic

Yeah I know, "this program is tottaly useless" and "it's useless piece of software" because everybody knows how easy it is to circumvent encryption and the laws around doing so. It's not like encryption is actually designed to stop people listening at all. All is required is a simple XOR and your right to go.

Comments like this really inspire me. :rolleyes:
Hello,

i didn't want to offence you or to discredit developers, i just wanted to say, it's useless in many countries, because all of the tetra is encrypted... so it would work only, if you could bypass encryptions, which is probably illegal in most of those countries...

thewraith2008

...The only thing I have seen is that somtime it do not update text for the LA.
Where does this occur? Plug-in or TTT.
Can you give more details.

...As far as audio recording options are concerned, when VAC is set to "2 channels 16 bit 48000 Hz" the message "ERROR-(samples/sec)" pops up. I had to create a VAC channel and set "1 channel 16 bit 22050 Hz".
Not sure why this occurs, I looked at my Virtual Audio Cable settings (which worked OK) and it uses the ranges 1-2 channels, 8-16 bit and 22050-48000 Hz.

My question is if it is possible to edit the names "MNC" and "LA"? If someone had such data he could enter them and TTT program would show them in the window like "MCC". This would be a great solution because during propagation you can receive many stations from far away and you would know from where the signal is being received, what user.
Both TTT and plug-in can do this. Please read through the documentation.

Release post here

wiskeymike

Hi everyone ! I would first like to thank thewraith2008 for his continuous efforts in updating his wonderful program. Please I have a question about using sds location . In my city the tetra network use sepura system that use the ETSI location standard reporting. Will the TTT software be able to recognize this protocol and show the devices locations on the LRRP program?

thewraith2008

TTT + plug-in will show short or long location responses so long as the network returns them to the BS downlink.
Most of the time this will not occur, you will only get the BS to MS request or BS to MS acknowledgement of the MS response (to the request).

Release post here

causeway74

Hi, I'm running latest version of the plugin, which works fine with 1.0.0.1822 SDR#, however, the crashes when recording are still not handled as expected. There was a note in the manual about this being trapped with error handling but unfortunately I still experience the same. Everything works fine without recording enabled.

I have already tried using DirectSound over MME but no luck. Audio is piped out to VBCable. In some instances I do get a few recordings generated but ultimately there is a crash.

thewraith2008

Without out any crash logs (from TTT or Windows), this will be difficult to locate cause of crash.
Does Windows not generate any events for the crash in "Event Viewer"?

We discussed back in this post about your recording issue (which turn out to be the filename length).
I asked a few questions that may apply here to tracking down the issue.

Does this crash TTT? You say YES
How often does this occur? You say most of the time, but sometimes works.
Is there a error number with the message? You say no, just crash of TTT

When does this error occur. At program start, after period of time, on closing, after changing a option?
What is TTT mode (Single/Dual) and it's selected record options and are any logging option on.
In addition to the questions above:
Does the crash occur at the very start of call, through the call or at very end of call?
Does turning the recording OFF stop the crashing?

Release post here

causeway74

Without out any crash logs (from TTT or Windows), this will be difficult to locate cause of crash.
Does Windows not generate any events for the crash in "Event Viewer"?
1002 Application Hang error logged in event viewer followed by a Windows Error Reporting 1001
Should I expect to see a TTT crash log? Nothing in the root folder.

We discussed back in this post about your recording issue (which turn out to be the filename length).
I asked a few questions that may apply here to tracking down the issue.
This was where no files were created at all - I'm now operating out of root of drive so that issue isn't applicable here.

In addition to the questions above:
Does the crash occur at the very start of call, through the call or at very end of call?
Does turning the recording OFF stop the crashing?
I'm running in single mode, plugin works as expected when recording is disabled so nothing suspect with the plugin or settings.

Crash appears to happen at the start of a call, I haven't noticed a set pattern though as there isn't much activity in my region. I have turned off recording and everything has been working fine for the past few hours.

The strange thing is that yesterday I noticed a couple of successful recordings in the directory. Could it be that a specific type of call is problematic, but others are fine? If there is anything in any of the .txt files to look for I'll certainly have a look.

Release post here

thewraith2008

OK thanks for the feedback.

1002 Application Hang error logged in event viewer followed by a Windows Error Reporting 1001
Should I expect to see a TTT crash log? Nothing in the root folder.
Not if TTT is crashing/hanging.

The strange thing is that yesterday I noticed a couple of successful recordings in the directory. Could it be that a specific type of call is problematic, but others are fine? If there is anything in any of the .txt files to look for I'll certainly have a look.
Honestly I don't know.

Only two things come to mind when you say that it only occurs at call start:
  1. File path is too long.
  2. Issue setting up the recording.
#1. seems unlikely as you say your running TTT from the HDDs root folder (e.g. C:\TTT).
I have just added a test for this (path length) and it will show message in status window when condition is seen and no recording will attempted.

#2. The record method (MCI) is a bit dated now and problems maybe occurring in Windows 10 (if you are you are using it).
If a call to the recording system is hanging for some reason, then any error trapping is not going to fire.
Only returned errors from calls are handled or other basic runtime errors.

I can't think of anything at the oment to test/look for to help with this.

Release post here

causeway74

OK thanks for the feedback.

Not if TTT is crashing/hanging.

Honestly I don't know.

Only two things come to mind when you say that it only occurs at call start:
  1. File path is too long.
  2. Issue setting up the recording.
#1. seems unlikely as you say your running TTT from the HDDs root folder (e.g. C:\TTT).
I have just added a test for this (path length) and it will show message in status window when condition is seen and no recording will attempted.

#2. The record method (MCI) is a bit dated now and problems maybe occurring in Windows 10 (if you are you are using it).
If a call to the recording system is hanging for some reason, then any error trapping is not going to fire.
Only returned errors from calls are handled or other basic runtime errors.

I can't think of anything at the oment to test/look for to help with this.

Release post here
Thanks, will have more of a dig. Might try ProcMon to see if any attempts are made to write to the directory, and whether or not that fails.

thewraith2008

I've been doing some testing and when there is a file path issue, TTT handles it.
If the is a problem with the recording tmp file (i.e. file locked), TTT handles it.

It is possible that Windows 10 is blocking TTT's ability to use a sound device (virtual cable) to record from?
I vaguely remember this was something affecting DSD+ at one stage when Windows updated.
I don't know it this also occurs on program updates as well.
I'm not sure if you need to allow TTT to access a (record) sound device or not.
I don't use Windows 10 to be able to look.

Release post here

senavick2

Hi team, I for one am so very grateful for this update.. I loaded it with a fresh version of AIRSPY 1.0.0.1.1828. Running Windows 10 with
recent updates.. Once configured the Java requests enabled it worked perfectly straight of the key stroke.. Very lucky to have a system
not carrying encryption that I have seen...Perfect audio..
In closing my very great respect and thanks to the author and those assisting with testing etc.
Kind Regards,

Shane Vickers,
New Zealand

LA6FRA

Hi.
I have one SDR dongle running SDR SHarp 1.716 and TTT plug in. I can only listen one spesific TG or all the TGs in the system.
I wonder if it could be possible to run multiple TTT plug ins with only one SDR dongle and one sdr sharp.

I run sucessfully multiples VFO's (with aux VFO plug in) and multiple DSD`+ and managed to listen specific talkgroups. (The DMR system I listen has 32 TGs and I listen only 3 TGs with separated audio output using multiple VD cables.

thewraith2008

Have a look at this thread (TetraNetMonitor)

This creates multiple VFOs to monitor the carriers.
This works with calls in a first in first played basis. (i.e. does not play calls from different VFO at same time)

Release post here