New Jersey Interoperability Communication System (NJICS)

Status
Not open for further replies.

joeyperillo

Adrift in an analog world
Premium Subscriber
What site are you monitoring? They are fully on NJICS now so you’ll only get traffic affiliated to the site you’re monitoring.
I have all the Districts and talk groups right from Sentinel - they are all in a separate Favorites site.......so it scans them all - used to hear from various different channels at various times now I only get District 1 South Primary.....I no longer get the other bridges......and thanks for responding

joeyperillo

Premium Subscriber
What site are you monitoring? They are fully on NJICS now so you’ll only get traffic affiliated to the site you’re monitoring.
Thanks for the reply - I was sure I responded, guess not - I have all the TGs loaded from Sentinel and used to get occasional comms from various bridges, now only from one, the D1 S Primary....wondered if anyone knew why that is......

CastorLB

Premium Subscriber
Thanks for the reply - I was sure I responded, guess not - I have all the TGs loaded from Sentinel and used to get occasional comms from various bridges, now only from one, the D1 S Primary....wondered if anyone knew why that is......
Assuming you're monitoring Bordentown Simulcast since you're in Yardley area, you'd only pickup DRJTBC units affiliated with that site. Any units affiliated to the other river sites going north you wouldn't pick up unless they were using a talkgroup being monitored by someone affilated with the site your monitoring.

joeyperillo

Premium Subscriber
Assuming you're monitoring Bordentown Simulcast since you're in Yardley area, you'd only pickup DRJTBC units affiliated with that site. Any units affiliated to the other river sites going north you wouldn't pick up unless they were using a talkgroup being monitored by someone affilated with the site your monitoring.
I do use West Trenton and Stockton as well but may have to choose a few more - thank you - and lo and behold, today - couple days after my post the other District 1 sites appeared - but still no Districts 2 or 3. Maybe I'll allow all sites....thank you

RadioDitch

Signals Identification Member
Premium Subscriber
Currently Hoboken PD and EMS are back to using the NJICS as primary. The conventional frequencies are completely silent. Confirmed with Unitrunker.

devicenull

I'm curious, where are the talk group descriptions coming from especially for the encrypted groups? Do OPRA requests to NJ work to get a list, or do they just appear and I shouldn't ask questions.

GM

Premium Subscriber
Certain individuals (like myself) have direct contact with personnel in various Departments/Divisions/Agencies, etc. who have direct and indirect access to radios on such systems and can run decoder software such as Unitrunker, DSD+, Pro96Com. This helps with identifying talkgroups, whether in the clear, partially encrypted, or full time encrypted to be submitted to the database for others to benefit and to listen with their ears (though some listen with their mouth it seems like).

As far as OPRA requests on the various radio systems, that's considered classified info and you won't really get too far with that in NJ. You'll get as far as what's listed in the FCC database, and that's about it.

devicenull

Certain individuals (like myself) have direct contact with personnel in various Departments/Divisions/Agencies, etc. who have direct and indirect access to radios on such systems and can run decoder software such as Unitrunker, DSD+, Pro96Com. This helps with identifying talkgroups, whether in the clear, partially encrypted, or full time encrypted to be submitted to the database for others to benefit and to listen with their ears (though some listen with their mouth it seems like).

As far as OPRA requests on the various radio systems, that's considered classified info and you won't really get too far with that in NJ. You'll get as far as what's listed in the FCC database, and that's about it.
So I'm interested to see if the HMH->Piscataway talkgroups have made it live yet, and if they're encrypted or not.. OPRA docs suggest there's a "HMH South Ops" group, and a "HMH Field Ops 3", although the IDs were redacted.

nosoup4u

Feed Provider
So I'm interested to see if the HMH->Piscataway talkgroups have made it live yet, and if they're encrypted or not.. OPRA docs suggest there's a "HMH South Ops" group, and a "HMH Field Ops 3", although the IDs were redacted.

5207 May be the HMH->Piscataway talkgroup you are referring to. I have no yet heard anything on it but I am showing over 900 hits on Unitrunker since it first appeared on my end on 8/30.

devicenull

I confirmed that 5207 is indeed HMH Piscataway Ops. Piscataway has a NJICS radio (3100234) and talks to the units on that talk group.
Thanks! I was just able to hear audio there with my setup and can confirm it's Piscataway as well.

rr60

Premium Subscriber
They are rolling out new radios to Corrections also. Radio ID's are in the 49xxx range.
Thread search did not reveal much on State DOC. A casual chat indicates we will see a significant increase in DOC activity. Sounds like delays in programming.

rr60

Premium Subscriber
Searched this thread. No hits on Blue Tail. Anyone using one of these on NJICS? Feedback? TIA

RadioDitch

Signals Identification Member
Premium Subscriber
yes, this is Morris county P25 TG 261, Police 5 , Long Hill, Chatham, Harding ....

TG260, Police 4, Chatham Borough (44), Chatham Township (45), Harding (13), & Long Hill (30)

That is a patch to MIRS. Been on full time for days. Site 7 anyway.

Been longer than that. Expect Union County RCC to keep it patched full time for the foreseeable future on Sites 7 and 21. It allows Berkeley Heights, New Prov, and Summit to go and monitor direct since the seven towns work so closely together. Particularly with the rise in auto thefts. They're chasing someone like every other night up there since this spring.

Status
Not open for further replies.