NWORPSS Site and Talkgroup Discussion

KQA726

I've tried it with just the control channel, and you can see it, but no talkgroup trunking.

budman1234

Feed Provider
I've tried it with just the control channel, and you can see it, but no talkgroup trunking.
send me an email i have a codeplug that jerry made from jerrys cb for that specific model. you wuld need the software and cable to program it tho

Sting11

It appears there are big changes coming to this system when the county’s consolidated 911 dispatch center goes live early next month. I saw some info from TFRD that they’re going to move everything to Zone C (the ops channels) on 10/5 to allow radio techs to upload new templates which will remap Zones A and B. Zone B will be the county med channels (I don’t think that should affect scanner programming). After the remap is done TFRD will use Zone A exclusively for routine ops, which should require some changes to our channel labeling at least. I’d expect similar changes to other departments involved in the dispatch consolidation.

budman1234

Feed Provider
It appears there are big changes coming to this system when the county’s consolidated 911 dispatch center goes live early next month. I saw some info from TFRD that they’re going to move everything to Zone C (the ops channels) on 10/5 to allow radio techs to upload new templates which will remap Zones A and B. Zone B will be the county med channels (I don’t think that should affect scanner programming). After the remap is done TFRD will use Zone A exclusively for routine ops, which should require some changes to our channel labeling at least. I’d expect similar changes to other departments involved in the dispatch consolidation.
yes i have the list here with me i can say its a big change just to the fire depts. i know most of the depts got the same letter.

When the new templates are issued i will use a fresh copy of DSD+ FL to monitor the system and log all tgids and radio ids to figure out the new system setup

ctpd845

Feed Provider
Consolidation of dispatch operations will start in October. When this starts, existing dispatch talkgroups will be patched to OPS talkgroups during the transition. So it would be wise for everyone to start scanning the OPS talkgroups to help figure out which departments are operating off which OPS talkgroups. Reprogramming of the radios will not start until the consolidation is complete at the 911 center. There will be significantly fewer dispatch and OPS talkgroups when everything is complete.

KQA726

Can we assume a dedicated Toledo Fire & Rescue Dispatcher will remain (with Ottawa Hills), but will other Cities/Townships may have to consolidate, so could have Oregon/JerusalenTwp and Springfield/Monclova have just one dispatcher? I don't recall the residents of Lucas County ever being asked if we wanted our individual dispatch centers consolidated? Cities like Oregon would be losing a dispatcher like the one who took the domestic violence "pizza order" and would busy with 6 other jurisdictions?

ctpd845

Feed Provider
All public safety dispatch in Lucas County will be consolidated. All fire, law enforcement dispatch and call takers will be housed at the 911 center in Toledo. With the exception of Toledo, all the other municipalities will have shared dispatch talkgroups.

While the residents were not asked per say, the elected officials did vote for this.

ctpd845

Feed Provider
Here is the timeline on dispatch consolidation in Lucas County. Toledo Police / Fire will switch on October 5. Agencies dispatched by the Sheriff's Office and the consolidated fire dispatch will switch October 12. Lucas County EMS on October 19. Sylvania city / township on October 26. Maumee / Oregon / University of Toledo on November 2.

TOMHORNE

I get the part about consolidating dispatchers, but will Sylvania Township PD And Sylvania City PD maintain their individual talk groups or will they be consolidated into 1 new group?

ctpd845

Feed Provider
Most dispatch talkgroups will be consolidated. Toledo will most likely be the only agency remaining on their own talkgroups.

ctpd845

Feed Provider
I have logged several new talkgroups within the last few weeks on Unitrunker that may or may not be related to the upcoming dispatch consolidation. They are 50000, 50008, 50016, 50024, 50032, 50040, 50048, 50056, 50080, 50096, 50104, 60000, 60008, 60016, 60024. Today, several of these talkgroups were active with RIDS from Toledo Police and Toledo Fire. There was also a console paging radios from Toledo Fire on talkgroup 50000. For those that monitor agencies in Lucas County, make sure your scanner is able to search for new talkgroup ID's however your scanner model is able to.

mohler

I have logged several new talkgroups within the last few weeks on Unitrunker that may or may not be related to the upcoming dispatch consolidation. They are 50000, 50008, 50016, 50024, 50032, 50040, 50048, 50056, 50080, 50096, 50104, 60000, 60008, 60016, 60024. Today, several of these talkgroups were active with RIDS from Toledo Police and Toledo Fire. There was also a console paging radios from Toledo Fire on talkgroup 50000. For those that monitor agencies in Lucas County, make sure your scanner is able to search for new talkgroup ID's however your scanner model is able to.

I have a list of all of the new talkgroups. I will release it when I can.

KevinC

Other
Super Moderator
As a reminder...

budman1234

Feed Provider
i have a complete list on my calls system i host of a whole bunch of un nammed talkgrups i will post the TGIDs here soon

swanson2255

TFD just transitioned over to the new dispatch channel, and are now temporarily using OPS-10-XX channels with the new format.