BCD436HP/BCD536HP: Set which Systems is FL are enabled at turn on

Status
Not open for further replies.

radionut44

Premium Subscriber
I cannot find a place in Sentinel to indicate which FL and which systems in each FL are to be enabled each time I turn the scanner on. Is there a way to do this other than use Sentinel (or FL in ProScan) to Read the scanner after I manually turn on what I want to be on?

u2brent

OAMPT
Premium Subscriber
The setting is found under..
Edit,
Edit Profile,
Quick Keys Status Tab,
in Sentinel.

hiegtx

Mentor
Premium Subscriber
Using your profile, you can set which Favorites lists are set to be monitored by default, but that only sets this option when you download your profile & lists to the scanner fro Sentinel. Once you have your information downloaded to the scanner, the scanner will be governed by which lists and/or systems were enabled the last time you power cycled the scanner. Other than dealing with systems, sites, & departments in setting up your list(s), the scanner will simply default back to whichever lists or systems (and departments) were enabled the last time you powered down the scanner. When you turn the scanner back on again, they will be set however their status was (on, off, avoided, etc) when the scanner was powered down.

If you want to be able, selectively, to change which lists, or systems, are enabled, or disabled, when you power the scanner back up, the only way to do that is via the Startup keys. Or, as brent has noted, quick keys.

u2brent

OAMPT
Premium Subscriber
In addition...

Edit Profile to select the active FL's on Startup
1632080349630.png
You select which systems, departments, sites are enabled via QK in each FL at the Edit FL level..
EDIT System Quick Key Status Tab,
1632079856789.png
Department Quick Key Status on Conventional Systems
1632079971327.png
Dept/Site Quick Key Status on Trunked Systems
1632080136201.png
Note: You can quickly Enable or Disable All by Right Clicking on one of those screens shown..
Hovering your pointer over an assigned QK will display it's name in the field under the numbers..
Items not assigned a QK are active by default, unless they are avoided. (I think :unsure:)

It's a lot to digest..

ofd8001

Premium Subscriber
If you want to be able, selectively, to change which lists, or systems, are enabled, or disabled, when you power the scanner back up, the only way to do that is via the Startup keys. Or, as brent has noted, quick keys.

I'm seeing whatever input the scanner user applies is the status at next startup. Probably a "that's the last thing you told me, so I'm going to remember it next time" situation.

hiegtx

Mentor
Premium Subscriber
I'm seeing whatever input the scanner user applies is the status at next startup. Probably a "that's the last thing you told me, so I'm going to remember it next time" situation.
That's what I was trying to get at. Whatever you had enabled, and scanning, the last time you powered down the scanner, is what is going to be enabled & scanning the next time you turn it on. The only thing that might be different is that if you were using a GPS & location control, the scanner would update the current location at power on (again, that would be only if you had a GPS connected & powered up) and enable or disable systems based on that. If there was no change of location, nor a GPS involved, then whatever was enabled last time you shut down would be up & scanning once the scanner boots up.

Status
Not open for further replies.