CA Fish and Game frequencies

Status
Not open for further replies.

ea1321

Hi there.
Does anyone know if CA Fish and Game frequencies are going to be encrypted? I do monitor them, but in my area the units just log on and off with dispatch.

I know CHP has changed their policy and aren’t going encrypted.

ea1321

In early august, there were several articles about it. When I called my local area office, they did confirm that there was a new policy in the works. Since DOJ came out and is making everyone go encrypted.

flux4201

Premium Subscriber
In early august, there were several articles about it. When I called my local area office, they did confirm that there was a new policy in the works. Since DOJ came out and is making everyone go encrypted.

Let me clarify, the DOJ is not mandating police departments go encrypted, they are mandating the protection of PII and are leaving it up to the agencies / departments to figure out how to become compliant. The first and easiest method of course is to go encrypted but that is only easy if your already on a digital radio system of some sort, otherwise the department has to enact policy to protect your PII from going out over the air in the clear (analog).

CA Fish and Wildlife runs analog infrastructure (which might be able to do p25 if upgraded) and most of the sites have an analog link back to somewhere else so if Fish and Wildlife were to encrypt they would need to do a system infrastructure upgrade at minimum, or move to CRIS.......

f40ph

Feed Provider
We've seen this for years with law enforcement: most PII is exchanged via MDT/MDC/electronic device already. Now they're just focusing on the "over the radio" portion. I suspect DFW already has an electronic avenue.

officer_415

Database Admin
I was working a submission and noticed under Northern Region there are two separate listings for Black Mountain (Lassen County) with 103.5 PL and 107.2 PL. This doesn't make much sense, and looking at my notes I think 103.5 PL is actually Fredonyer Peak. Can anyone confirm?

Edit: Looks like Fredonyer is already listed, but was misspelled "Freydonner". I'm gonna go ahead and fix it and remove the Black Mountain 103.5 PL listing, someone let me know if that's not correct.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.