phask

Premium Subscriber
It's right there on the first page of the Options....the only way you could miss it is if you didn't even look for it.
I didn't look, and if I had I would have probably missed it.
Have not looked at start-up options in 5 years or longer.

Thanks for the condescending answer.

fxdscon

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Premium Subscriber
ProScan 17.8.0 trying to run the program , stuck on loading favorites
Did you try the same thing that fixed the same problem you had last time?

divison200

I uninstalled the program and reinstalled , no luck.
The last time before I had this problem , I shut down the computer then my
SDS 200, since then the program opens up and stops on Loading Favorites

ProScan

Software Provider
Premium Subscriber
Ok, all set, my Favorites lists were not in the folder BCD x36HP, I had them in a personal folder
The Favorites lists can be in any folder as long as the Favorites Editor knows the location. You may have moved it outside of ProScan and ProScan was giving an error when starting that it couldn't find it

W8WCA

Can ProScan update my existing database/Favorites List for a BCD436. (Like Sentinel does)

I first made favorites lists from Sentinel, then sent from my BCD436 to ProScan.

And now I am wondering (I never did it before - I always update data from Sentinel then put into ProScan from my Scanner)

ProScan

Software Provider
Premium Subscriber
Can ProScan update my existing database/Favorites List for a BCD436. (Like Sentinel does)

I first made favorites lists from Sentinel, then sent from my BCD436 to ProScan.

And now I am wondering (I never did it before - I always update data from Sentinel then put into ProScan from my Scanner)
Yes on the Favorites.
In ProScan, choose the location of the Favorites Lists by going to the menu - File - Open then select the location where the Sentinel Favorites are located.
Untitled.png

W8WCA

Thanks - so for Updating the Database (Having used Sentinel for my BCD436) I just stick with Sentinel to update the Database?
Sorry for proly dumb questions but when I have the SDS200 I never got into it enough to decide the best way for this!

ProScan

Software Provider
Premium Subscriber
Thanks - so for Updating the Database (Having used Sentinel for my BCD436) I just stick with Sentinel to update the Database?
Sorry for proly dumb questions but when I have the SDS200 I never got into it enough to decide the best way for this!
Yes, ProScan can't update the Full Database(HPDB). We don't have access to the Uniden server. Also if ProScan made changes to the full database then it will be overwritten when Sentinel updates the database.

{edit} You could use the ProScan Import RadioReference function to update the systems in the Favorites.

MrYankeeFan

Feed Provider
***Edit. I ended up having to uninstall and reinstall Proscan. It's all working now

I hope I'm asking this in the correct spot. I'm having a heck of a time getting the latest ( or even older versions) of @ProScan to record. It works fine on another computer with what I see as identical settings. Audio levels are all showing activity. I have a web server session going and it's fine. I've tried changing setting in recorder from activity to lookup, and even VOX, which actually caused an error and shut down. The system is set to record all calls, and the talkgroups are also labeled to record. All I did was move the scanner from one computer to another. Then just downloaded the database from the scanner into proscan. Running windows 10, proscan 17.8, and a Uniden BCT15X. I've tried to figure it out for 2 days and I'm at my wits end lol

Last edited:

MrYankeeFan

Feed Provider
Is there an issue using the Webserver with version 17.8? I've tried fresh installs on 2 computers, and still the same issue. After a couple hours of running, the program locks up and stops responding. I've had to go back to version 17.0 in order to use the web server feature.