• To anyone looking to acquire commercial radio programming software:

Please do not make requests for copies of radio programming software which is sold (or was sold) by the manufacturer for any monetary value. All requests will be deleted and a forum infraction issued. Making a request such as this is attempting to engage in software piracy and this forum cannot be involved or associated with this activity. The same goes for any private transaction via Private Message. Even if you attempt to engage in this activity in PM's we will still enforce the forum rules. Your PM's are not private and the administration has the right to read them if there's a hint to criminal activity.

If you are having trouble legally obtaining software please state so. We do not want any hurt feelings when your vague post is mistaken for a free request. It is YOUR responsibility to properly word your request.

To obtain Motorola software see the Sticky in the Motorola forum.

The various other vendors often permit their dealers to sell the software online (i.e., Kenwood). Please use Google or some other search engine to find a dealer that sells the software. Typically each series or individual radio requires its own software package. Often the Kenwood software is less than $100 so don't be a cheapskate; just purchase it.

For M/A Com/Harris/GE, etc: there are two software packages that program all current and past radios. One package is for conventional programming and the other for trunked programming. The trunked package is in upwards of $2,500. The conventional package is more reasonable though is still several hundred dollars. The benefit is you do not need multiple versions for each radio (unlike Motorola).

This is a large and very visible forum. We cannot jeopardize the ability to provide the RadioReference services by allowing this activity to occur. Please respect this.

CPS 2.0 Issues Code Plug

Status
Not open for further replies.

djdillywilly

Premium Subscriber
Hello All,
My grandfather who taught me about radio programming and radios in generally recently passed away. I inherited his computer that has the Motorola CPS 2.0. I got some new XPR 5500e's I'm trying to program but get a error stating something about the Code Plug Version. The software works on my XPR 7550e and the radios I got from my grandfather. I have read that there is an update for that software. I don't have any of my grandfathers logins so I'm trying to get or update the new version. Where in Motorola can I go to sign up and or pay to get this new version?
Thanks.

RTmed519

Premium Subscriber
Hello All,
My grandfather who taught me about radio programming and radios in generally recently passed away. I inherited his computer that has the Motorola CPS 2.0. I got some new XPR 5500e's I'm trying to program but get a error stating something about the Code Plug Version. The software works on my XPR 7550e and the radios I got from my grandfather. I have read that there is an update for that software. I don't have any of my grandfathers logins so I'm trying to get or update the new version. Where in Motorola can I go to sign up and or pay to get this new version?
Thanks.
I may not be too much help, but this may be worth a shot.

I currently use 16.0 still, but I also have 2.0 downloaded for radios that aren't supported on 16.0 - I read somewhere (haven't tested this) that you can overwrite newer radios with older codeplugs, you just can't read from them. CPS 2.0 has a sample codeplug you can use, what I would try is open that up, connect the 5500's, and try to write onto them. This should theoretically bring them back to what codeplug version you have installed, which you could then work with from there.

Again, just a wild idea, may or may not work. I'll be testing this in a few days since I'm in the same boat for one of my radios.

RTmed519

Premium Subscriber
Also in response to your initial question - Motorola is a PITA to buy from. You require a motorola business account to my knowledge. When I signed up, it took about a week to get my account activated (which took numerous phone calls). Once I got into the actual portal, CPS wasn't available for purchase, I had to call Motorola and buy it over the phone. That took another 2 days. Once all was said and done, it took about 2 weeks to get everything sorted.

djdillywilly

Premium Subscriber
Also in response to your initial question - Motorola is a PITA to buy from. You require a motorola business account to my knowledge. When I signed up, it took about a week to get my account activated (which took numerous phone calls). Once I got into the actual portal, CPS wasn't available for purchase, I had to call Motorola and buy it over the phone. That took another 2 days. Once all was said and done, it took about 2 weeks to get everything sorted.
Sadly I have tried that and the same thing comes up, Monday I will try and start the process of getting a Motorola Bussiness Account made. Thank you for the assist!

n3obl

Ø
Database Admin
Do you have access to your father's email? Might be better off saying you are him and trying to get access?

Status
Not open for further replies.