TRX-1: Find digital control channel with TRX-1

Status
Not open for further replies.

HiD092

Hi guys, I had problem with my TRX-1. I am a new user of TRX-1 and I still have no idea how to make this scanner stop at DIGITAL control channel frequency.
A help would be great. Thanks.

tvengr

Well Known Member
Which system are you trying to program? If you attach your configuration file, I will check it for problems. Click on Attach files and Open the file.

g6fgy

Premium Subscriber
Generally speaking, the Whistler (TRX1 & 2) will only stop on digital channel (control or otherwise) if it detects voice activity. In this way the user doesn't have to keep manually restarting the scan each time a data signal is present. The old MPT 1327 analogue was a right pain in the backside :)

Data transmissions cannot be decode anyway, so there's little point in the receiver stopping on them. With DMR at least, no human usable data is sent, so you won't get frequency, encryption key info etc even if you were able to decode it.

HiD092

Generally speaking, the Whistler (TRX1 & 2) will only stop on digital channel (control or otherwise) if it detects voice activity. In this way the user doesn't have to keep manually restarting the scan each time a data signal is present. The old MPT 1327 analogue was a right pain in the backside :)

Data transmissions cannot be decode anyway, so there's little point in the receiver stopping on them. With DMR at least, no human usable data is sent, so you won't get frequency, encryption key info etc even if you were able to decode it.
So there's nothing I can do to hunt for control channels huh?

natedawg1604

Premium Subscriber
You need to enter the trunking system you are trying to monitor in your area. You really don't search for a control channel.
The Uniden 396XT has this exact feature, in custom band search mode you can search for only P-25 and I believe Moto Type II control channels. When it hits on a CC, it displays the Site/system info and eventually begins decoding talkgroups. For some reason they removed this feature from the newer Uniden scanners (I really don't get why). I'm not sure if any other scanners supported this feature but it was a cool idea.

I sometimes use this feature when I'm traveling through an area I don't frequently visit, to confirm which control channels I can receive from a particular location.

Status
Not open for further replies.