• To anyone looking to acquire commercial radio programming software:

Please do not make requests for copies of radio programming software which is sold (or was sold) by the manufacturer for any monetary value. All requests will be deleted and a forum infraction issued. Making a request such as this is attempting to engage in software piracy and this forum cannot be involved or associated with this activity. The same goes for any private transaction via Private Message. Even if you attempt to engage in this activity in PM's we will still enforce the forum rules. Your PM's are not private and the administration has the right to read them if there's a hint to criminal activity.

If you are having trouble legally obtaining software please state so. We do not want any hurt feelings when your vague post is mistaken for a free request. It is YOUR responsibility to properly word your request.

To obtain Motorola software see the Sticky in the Motorola forum.

The various other vendors often permit their dealers to sell the software online (i.e., Kenwood). Please use Google or some other search engine to find a dealer that sells the software. Typically each series or individual radio requires its own software package. Often the Kenwood software is less than $100 so don't be a cheapskate; just purchase it.

For M/A Com/Harris/GE, etc: there are two software packages that program all current and past radios. One package is for conventional programming and the other for trunked programming. The trunked package is in upwards of $2,500. The conventional package is more reasonable though is still several hundred dollars. The benefit is you do not need multiple versions for each radio (unlike Motorola).

This is a large and very visible forum. We cannot jeopardize the ability to provide the RadioReference services by allowing this activity to occur. Please respect this.

Looking for a Low Band Genesis Series Antenna (NAB6064B)

chrismol1

P25 TruCking!
For sale?
Meh, I'd like to keep it with the radio. I have 3-4 MT1000's 30-36 and 4 vertex VX-510L in 40-50 mhz flavor possibly I'd want to sell a few and I can program them. But what I've seen is the chinese have some so called CB antennas on ebay but in BNC flavor. But you know how they market everything for everything. What I'm saying is there isn't any Moto base antennas on ebay but maybe somebody can design one. I don't know, maybe an adapter piece. Maybe Smiley antenna they made all kinds of antennas with different bases maybe see if they can make a custom lowband antenna. What i'm thinking is it isnt the end of the world but we have to look a bit harder

Hman442

Hi,
New guy here, trying to tap into the knowledge. I have 3 MT750 handhelds in need of new antennas. My frequencies are low band 49 MKZ. The 30-50 antenna NA6064B apparently is extinct. I called the Smiley Antenna people for an alternative, they said no go. I have an email into the Antenna Farm, asking about their EXL-42-MX. Does anyone have a different idea. These are great old radios, but they need antennas.

chrismol1

P25 TruCking!
:(wow I would have thought smiley if anyone would make a lowband antenna easily considering they have the adapter and MX connector and have a bunch of considerable length rubber ducks but no?,, but they're probably just sourcing whatever they can get from China and their unwilling to make a 12" rubber duck you the customer can cut to you desired length??....Thats what we need

Hman442

That's what I thought also, after looking at their web site. Maybe I just got the wrong lady answering the phone. She wasn't rude or short, just pretty much no way at the 49 MHz range. Said there would be no way to test it, and my radio might get hot ?

spdfile1

/\/\ Junkie
I'm late to the party. Hman442 you still looking for NAB6064B? Try TwoWayDirect (Link is on the first page) as well as putting the Model # in a saved search on Ebay. That's what I've done. They tend to pop up on there from time to time and you'll get notified as soon as they do.

Hman442

Thanks for the reply. I have already put the search on Ebay. I have been dealing with Two Way Direct. They thought they could get the antenna, but after a few weeks they found that they could not - really nice people though.

spdfile1

/\/\ Junkie
Thanks for the reply. I have already put the search on Ebay. I have been dealing with Two Way Direct. They thought they could get the antenna, but after a few weeks they found that they could not - really nice people though.
Awwww man. I had good luck with them. And yes very nice people. Well I can assure you one will pop up on ebay!!! They always do.

Re: Looking for a Motorola NAB6064 low-band portable radio antenna.

Well., I know this thread is a bit old., but after doing some major re-organizing and cleaning-up of my repair shop this week (and still have quite a bit more to go..), I've so far come across at least half-a-dozen of them, all as true NOS antennas (complete with cutting chart and top-cap), all in their factory sealed bags.! :)

Designed for the 29.7-50 MHz frequencies, and are compatible (base-thread / mount size) with the HT1000, HT750, HT1250, HT1550, EX500, PR50, PR860, PR1500, and a few more if I remember correctly.??

If anyone is still interested in them, contact me either here (in this forum) or through the two (2) other web-links listed below.

Regards & 73s,
Eric Klein

Klein Communications

Also known in the Amateur / Ham community as KY8E

PS: Since being a "company-owned" certified Motorola service-technician from 1980 to 1986, and then starting my own Motorola shop in 1987, and then semi-retired from the Motorola "scene" in 2010., I've naturally got all types of "stuff" (mobile & portable parts / assemblies / RF power-amps, Celwave duplexer, etc.) that I'm just now starting to unpack, since moving to my new home here in north-central West "by God" Virginia.!

NAB6064 portable antenna.JPG

petnrdx

I sent you a message on your Face book page.
I am interested in several, depending on the price.
Lemme' know.

Echo4Thirty

Premium Subscriber
Re: Looking for a Motorola NAB6064 low-band portable radio antenna.

Well., I know this thread is a bit old., but after doing some major re-organizing and cleaning-up of my repair shop this week (and still have quite a bit more to go..), I've so far come across at least half-a-dozen of them, all as true NOS antennas (complete with cutting chart and top-cap), all in their factory sealed bags.! :)

Designed for the 29.7-50 MHz frequencies, and are compatible (base-thread / mount size) with the HT1000, HT750, HT1250, HT1550, EX500, PR50, PR860, PR1500, and a few more if I remember correctly.??

If anyone is still interested in them, contact me either here (in this forum) or through the two (2) other web-links listed below.

Regards & 73s,
Eric Klein

Klein Communications

Also known in the Amateur / Ham community as KY8E

PS: Since being a "company-owned" certified Motorola service-technician from 1980 to 1986, and then starting my own Motorola shop in 1987, and then semi-retired from the Motorola "scene" in 2010., I've naturally got all types of "stuff" (mobile & portable parts / assemblies / RF power-amps, Celwave duplexer, etc.) that I'm just now starting to unpack, since moving to my new home here in north-central West "by God" Virginia.!

View attachment 137174
Pm Sent

petnrdx

Bought three of these from Eric.
I can attest to the fact that they are the real deal, original Motorola antennas for the Genesis line.
I am REALLY happy to find some that are long enough for 10 meters.
Very quick.
Shipped the same day we made the deal, and arrived here two days later.

Echo4Thirty

Premium Subscriber
Bought three of these from Eric.
I can attest to the fact that they are the real deal, original Motorola antennas for the Genesis line.
I am REALLY happy to find some that are long enough for 10 meters.
Very quick.
Shipped the same day we made the deal, and arrived here two days later.
I tried PMing and did not hear back and I dont have facebook. oh well.

I tried PMing and did not hear back and I dont have facebook. oh well.
Good morning Echo4Thirty (D.H. on FB) it's Sunday 3-5 @ about 6:40 am EST).

I received your message (on my FB KleinComm page) on Thursday (3-2 @ 5:08 pm EST) and answered back a few hours later (@ 9:13 pm EST), using the the same FB messaging (giving my home land-line T# and my e-mail address) and don't know why ya were't notified.? :-(

Please check your FB page again, or just PM me here through RadioReference.!

Regards,
Eric

Echo4Thirty

Premium Subscriber
Eric,
Thank you for the response. I am curious as to the messaging as I do not have a Facebook account and direct messaged you here. I will send another.

Thanks!

And as we all know, all for sale/wanted/trades are to take place via the classifieds.
Sorry about that Kevin :(

I'll be sure to use the classifieds section for anything else "noteworthy" that I may come across as I go through all my old business inventory.!

It's just that this "thread" was specifically for that exact antenna (of which I just happened to find through a "Google-Search") and wanted to be sure as many as possible would go to good / deserving homes, before someone would buy the whole "lot", in order to just "flip" them to others at a profit...

Thanks for the friendly / non-scolding moderation.! :)

Regards,
Eric