USSS In Rehoboth

Status
Not open for further replies.

Roach112683

What’s the source of the data, and how old is it? RB used to have an IR, but then the state installed a full subsite on Rt 1 to cover town. Not sure how the city’s dispatch center connects to radio, maybe mw from the water tank?
As a dispatch center it will have it's own tower. There is a tower out behind the firehouse on rt. 1 but as a 911 dispatch center it would have it's own tower.

Roach112683

In the clear?
I believe there were events going on in Rehoboth that were using the IOP channels.

I can hear the Ferry, State Parks (Sea Shore, Cape Henlopen) Dewey PD in the clear.

Dewey is fun to listen to in the Summer. I am 2 miles outside of town and I can hear the dispatch seasonal radios (VHF band) but not their portables. I can hear the fulltime PD radios (800mhz band)

maus92

Premium Subscriber
City hall is like 100 feet from the Post Office. So maybe that was just the closest address that was put on it.
City Hall has its own address, as does the VFD. The water tower would have a 2nd St address (105 ish) rather than Rehoboth Ave. Dates of the data would help, but I suspect it's old data, prior to the Biden presidency.

motorcoachdoug

Premium Subscriber
Yes while I was their in Rehoboth it was always in the clear. I also ran Unitrunker in Rehoboth to see if i could pick up anything and all I could get was the MD 1st system and the P25 system that is used by DOC as well.

maus92

Premium Subscriber
Looking at the FCC data, the water tower address is 150 2nd St, and supports a full subsite for the state TRS, and 8TAC channels.

motorcoachdoug

Premium Subscriber
Now that I think about it their was a couple of times that 8Tac92D was used. I found that to be odd as well since all the local PD have the ability to talk to each other on their TG. Example Lewes PD could talk to Rehoboth PD on the Rehoboth PD TG and Dewey could talk to Lewes as well. Before they went encrypted I could listen to Lewes and Rehoboth back up the local Dewey unit when fights broke out at one of the local pubs. Also DE SP plus the county sheriff could talk to Dewey.

Roach112683

Now that I think about it their was a couple of times that 8Tac92D was used. I found that to be odd as well since all the local PD have the ability to talk to each other on their TG. Example Lewes PD could talk to Rehoboth PD on the Rehoboth PD TG and Dewey could talk to Lewes as well. Before they went encrypted I could listen to Lewes and Rehoboth back up the local Dewey unit when fights broke out at one of the local pubs. Also DE SP plus the county sheriff could talk to Dewey.
SUSCOM is able to bridge the system so the don't have to change channels but it happens rarely. Rehoboth monitor's Dewey's Radio channels for backup reasons.

maus92

Premium Subscriber
I noticed in the FCC database that what appears to be the RBVFC UHF company channel is not listed in the RRDB; either are two VHF Low Band channels. These are currently licensed for areas surrounding their 3 stations in downtown, Rt 1, and Rt. 24. I'm curious if the UHF (and low band) channels are actually used anymore. I believe the county's UHF paging channel is still used - are tones sent on the UHF dispatch freq?

motorcoachdoug

Premium Subscriber
I did hear tones being sent on the UHF Dispatch channel while i was in Rehoboth. I had my harris xg100 programmed with ALL UHF channels programmed into it. Kinda of interesting one time around 310am tones started to go off for RBFD station 2 for a call. The motel we were staying at was right behind RBFD station 2 and the Sea Shell shop on Rt 1. Those of you who live in the Rehoboth area know what I am talking about on Airport Road.

maus92

Premium Subscriber
I did hear tones being sent on the UHF Dispatch channel while i was in Rehoboth. I had my harris xg100 programmed with ALL UHF channels programmed into it. Kinda of interesting one time around 310am tones started to go off for RBFD station 2 for a call. The motel we were staying at was right behind RBFD station 2 and the Sea Shell shop on Rt 1. Those of you who live in the Rehoboth area know what I am talking about on Airport Road.
The UHF channel that is missing from the RRDB is 453.300, and looks like it is a company or paging channel. Another reference shows the channel as a simplex / talkaround channel in position 4 in UHF radios (perhaps now in multiband APX radios if so equipped,) but it is licensed as a repeater pair. Not sure how much UHF is used in town any more since the TRS has been around for almost 20 years now, and the companies have had plenty of time to transition to the system.

motorcoachdoug

Premium Subscriber
Rehoboth uses that company channel more then you know. I had my apx75k on Rehoboth TG's and my Harris on the UHF and they use the UHF a lot more then they use the TRS. There was a lot of communications going on between units and with dispatch that did not go out over TRS. I am very glad I had my Harris XG100 with on this past trip. Also I reached out to a person that I know and he would know the answers to my questions like where does the USSS stay when they are in Rehoboth and the people who are their full time even when Biden is not their and he told me that they make use if they can of other US Gov facilities and or GSA makes the arrangements for housing and so forth for the agents who took that assignment full time plus housing for their family in Rehoboth/Lewes area. Remember is their is a USCG station at the Indian River Inlet by the campground and they have housing their as well..

Status
Not open for further replies.