Issues with servers?

Status
Not open for further replies.

twosenses

Premium Subscriber
I'm sure this is just a temporary issue but one of my feeds just went down and here's the error I'm getting. Posting this here in case other people run into the same issue and wonder what's going on. My feeds on audio1 and audio9 appear to be just fine.

23-Oct-2021 04:32:32 Connecting to Icecast server audio3.broadcastify.com/ 23-Oct-2021 04:32:53 Connect to Icecast server audio3.broadcastify.com/ failed: A connection attempt failed because the connected party did not properly respond after a period of time, or established connection failed because connected host has failed to respond 23-Oct-2021 04:32:53 Attempting connect on alternate port 8000 23-Oct-2021 04:33:03 Failed to get reply from Icecast server audio3.broadcastify.com: Unable to read data from the transport connection: A connection attempt failed because the connected party did not properly respond after a period of time, or established connection failed because connected host has failed to respond. 23-Oct-2021 04:33:28 Silently continuing to retry contact (103). 23-Oct-2021 04:33:49 Failed to get reply from Icecast server audio3.broadcastify.com/: Unable to read data from the transport connection: A connection attempt failed because the connected party did not properly respond after a period of time, or established connection failed because connected host has failed to respond. 23-Oct-2021 04:34:19 Failed to get reply from Icecast server audio3.broadcastify.com/: Unable to read data from the transport connection: A connection attempt failed because the connected party did not properly respond after a period of time, or established connection failed because connected host has failed to respond.

Feed Provider
Mine says offline, but it hasn't dropped the connection on my end. Logs are still blank.

But I did get an email.

TheAlmightyZach

Feed Provider
Two of mine are down as well. Woke up middle of the night, saw the email, and tried to fix ASAP. Glad this is a BCFY issue so I can go back to sleep and not have to worry about it.. hopefully it’ll be resolved soon!

I also run a Calls feed and happy to report that’s still working well!

k2hz

Database Admin
My feeds still show as down after rebooting although both are running and Internet connection is up.

HiVolt

Feed Provider
Hello, one of my feeds got disconnected at around 3AM EST, and RadioFeed has an error "Cannot connect to Broadcastify - Code 1"

this feed is on audio3.broadcastify.com

Another feed on audio9 is fine.

Anyone else seeing issues?

canopy

I have the same issue. I Stopped Broadcast and tried to restart. I received this error:
ScannerCast PUSH Error 103
Failed to get reply from RR Server audio3.broadcastify.com/860021602
Unable to read data from the transport connection

fredva

Feed Provider
Already a thread on this: audio3 appears to be down

In at least some cases, the feeds are showing as down but they are actually still streaming. If you don't stop your broadcast it may stay connected but restarting will prevent a reconnection. I believe this situation has happened before.

fredva

Feed Provider
There are two things a broadcaster should do when getting a Feed Down notification before trying to restart the feed: 1) Try listening to the feed to see if it is actually still running. 2) Check the feed listings to see if a bunch of other feeds are showing offline as well. If it is a system-wide problem, just wait because there isn't anything you can do on your end to fix it.

Last edited:

treydawgmt

Premium Subscriber
Hello all,

I broadcast a feed for my fire department, and it's been working just fine for months. It went offline this morning at 330 or so. It still showed connected on RadioFeed, however. Clicked disconnect and the connect again, and it is giving an Error Code 1. I can't find what that means anywhere. Any help is appreciated.

Thanks!

tweiss3

Is it time for Coffee?
Premium Subscriber
It appears the audio3 feeds are down. There are a few threads on this already.

treydawgmt

Premium Subscriber
Ok, forgive me, what's audio3? I'm guessing a server for Broadcastify? Is it possible to move it to a different audio feed, or do you just get defaulted to one? Thanks!

HiVolt

Feed Provider
Looks like its back as of about 15 minutes ago.

And yes, I did check if it was streaming, it was not, and the RadioFeed client kept reconnecting with the error message.

Status
Not open for further replies.