Head of the Charles info

Status
Not open for further replies.

twosenses

Premium Subscriber
Both the State Police Command Post and the Amateur Radio net are secured so the feed is coming down shortly. Next year I'll hopefully have a better handle on pre-emptively locking out channels/TGs that aren't being used.

zerg901

Premium Subscriber
twosenses thanks for the feed

I heard them start to mobilize for the missing kid ... he was found before they could get a full description of him on the air

garys

Premium Subscriber
We used to be dispatched on Tac 9, which is not Tac 3 (I think). There wasn't a lot of simplex channel use back then either. The size of our detail varied from year to year, being bigger in the good weather.

At the time we had several bikes, a supervisor, and one ambulance. Since I retired in 2012, Special Ops has a lot of new equipment, so that configuration might no longer be valid.

Based off radio traffic from a recent medical incident Boston EMS is being dispatched (or at least notified) through the State Police Command Post. However I'm not picking up any traffic on the (non simplex) EMS-Tac channels. It's possible they're using their standard dispatch on 462.975 R which I'm monitoring out of band. They could also be using one of the simplex EMS-Tac channels which I won't be able to pick up from here.

twosenses

Premium Subscriber
Hmm I was monitoring all the Tacs listed on RadioReference but there might some missing as there is no Tac 9 (though it might be one of the MBHSR EMS Tac channels). I did hear some back and forth on the dispatch channel about the patient transported yesterday, though I forget the call sign of the unit talking to dispatch.

Appreciate the info!

We used to be dispatched on Tac 9, which is not Tac 3 (I think). There wasn't a lot of simplex channel use back then either. The size of our detail varied from year to year, being bigger in the good weather.

At the time we had several bikes, a supervisor, and one ambulance. Since I retired in 2012, Special Ops has a lot of new equipment, so that configuration might no longer be valid.

garys

Premium Subscriber
Tac 9 was the channel name before narrow banding. It's 462.950 and I think they call it Tac 3 now.

twosenses

Premium Subscriber
Yup that's Tac 3! Not sure if it was my SDS200 being weird with filters but I didn't hear much on the channel. Entirely possible I just missed the dispatch due to there being a hit on another channel/TG. Which is what I get for having priority scan off due to mostly scanning trunked systems for the event.

Now I know for next time to have Tac 3 as a priority channel.

garys

Premium Subscriber
I'm not sure what I was thinking, but we were dispatched on Citywide 10, which is now Tac 1. Tac 9 was our talkaround channel.

I'd also listen on Tac 6 and Tac 7 for special events.

twosenses

Premium Subscriber
That makes more sense, thanks!. I've got all the Tac channels programmed into the favorites list that the feed is using so if they're used they'll be heard. I'm also working on getting a dedicated Boston EMS Broadcastify feed up that will have Tac 1 and Tac 3 programmed.

Status
Not open for further replies.