Montgomery County Emergency services

Status
Not open for further replies.

ross28546

Feed Provider
Just posting an informative thread, not ranting or anything.

All of Montgomery County and Clarksville emergency services are now encrypted. The only one that is not, is the County Fire Department back up channel which still can be heard on a conventional scanner. that frequency is: 453.28750 as shown on the database. Only thing is, you can only hear Dispatch talking and the initial tone out. But you can not hear any stations or crew members talking. You can also hear Montgomery County LifeFlight and AirEvac helicopters on the NXDN side. Both of these are setup to listen to on Broadcastify.

KN4EHX

Premium Subscriber
You only need to know about the burned chicken but not the act of putting out the burned chicken. That’s officer safety, man!

Also, you don’t need to know about the traffic light that is causing a traffic hazard. Also officer safety.

TEMA isn’t encrypted….. Well that’s different!

Encryption helps with interoperability. We interoperate with people inside of our own bubble and nobody else. Interoperability.

There is a need for officer safety, the protection of public, and protection of chicken. Sure, most people can’t afford a scanner that covers digital trunked radio, but anyone who does is clearly up to no good. Who care that you pay taxes?

Sincerely,
Super Secret Squirrel
Safety Officer
Montgomery County

This is a summary of events and discussion leading up to the encryption of Montgomery County’s communications. Please respect the privacy of the family and the burnt chicken during this very trying time.

This may or may not be fiction.

poorfarm

"but anyone who does is clearly up to no good. Who care that you pay taxes?" I find this statement Total BS I know that I personally have 2 of the
"digital trunked radio" and I am not up to no good. Myself and my wife are prior LE and Now retired, Do we need to know whos chicken is burning NO, but it does not mean that we are up to know good just because we are curious why 4 patrol cars 2 ambulance and 2 fire trucks blow by the house. Yes I understand he need for officer safety, But in my option total encryption on every call is not need . The rest of the counties in District 7 don't seem to agree with your decision. Yes some encrypt there car to car and drug task force. I guess you just pushed my button with your "we are up to no good" statement.

ross28546

Feed Provider
You only need to know about the burned chicken but not the act of putting out the burned chicken. That’s officer safety, man!

Also, you don’t need to know about the traffic light that is causing a traffic hazard. Also officer safety.

TEMA isn’t encrypted….. Well that’s different!

Encryption helps with interoperability. We interoperate with people inside of our own bubble and nobody else. Interoperability.

There is a need for officer safety, the protection of public, and protection of chicken. Sure, most people can’t afford a scanner that covers digital trunked radio, but anyone who does is clearly up to no good. Who care that you pay taxes?

Sincerely,
Super Secret Squirrel
Safety Officer
Montgomery County

This is a summary of events and discussion leading up to the encryption of Montgomery County’s communications. Please respect the privacy of the family and the burnt chicken during this very trying time.

This may or may not be fiction.
I got a few words to say to you Mister Super Secret Squirrel wannabe safety officer but this ain’t the thread to do that on. This was an informative post only. You wanna make your rant about why the need for encryption, go do it elsewhere. Interoperability isn’t a very good excuse when Clarksville Fire can’t even talk to County Fire on the radio when Clarksville called for there assistance on a corn field brush fire. I witnessed that first hand.

KN4EHX

Premium Subscriber
A
I got a few words to say to you Mister Super Secret Squirrel wannabe safety officer but this ain’t the thread to do that on. This was an informative post only. You wanna make your rant about why the need for encryption, go do it elsewhere. Interoperability isn’t a very good excuse when Clarksville Fire can’t even talk to County Fire on the radio when Clarksville called for there assistance on a corn field brush fire. I witnessed that first hand.
Agreed.

It was paraphrasing from Super Secret Squirrel the Safety Officer. No ranting from this guy.

Thanks for the update.

KN4EHX

Premium Subscriber
"but anyone who does is clearly up to no good. Who care that you pay taxes?" I find this statement Total BS I know that I personally have 2 of the
"digital trunked radio" and I am not up to no good. Myself and my wife are prior LE and Now retired, Do we need to know whos chicken is burning NO, but it does not mean that we are up to know good just because we are curious why 4 patrol cars 2 ambulance and 2 fire trucks blow by the house. Yes I understand he need for officer safety, But in my option total encryption on every call is not need . The rest of the counties in District 7 don't seem to agree with your decision. Yes some encrypt there car to car and drug task force. I guess you just pushed my button with your "we are up to no good" statement.
To be clear I’m not that guy and likewise I’m a radio nerd. I’m only extrapolating to the shenanigans. Thank you and your wife for serving the public.

Status
Not open for further replies.