Schenectady county n.y. 800 system

thesavo

Feed Provider
I bought a frequency counter. I am going to head to jumping Jack's the next time I see a cop camping in the middle of Mohawk Avenue. Maybe I can grab what New frequency it is. If there is no traffic on the new 800mhz system the op mentioned, then they have to be somewhere.

851.1875 and 855.2125 are dead in Scoita.

KD2DLL

Feed Provider
I think they may be on TG 10109. I have seen a lot of encrypted traffic on there recently. I believe 10116 is SCSO, which has been active as well.

KD2DLL

Feed Provider
From what I have been told, most, if not all, law traffic will be running full time encryption, but Fire and EMS will be in the clear.

crack-kitty

Feed Provider
From what I have been told, most, if not all, law traffic will be running full time encryption, but Fire and EMS will be in the clear.
Well, that's what I thought I had heard, but I honestly had not remembered. I have been feeding the "RPD" feed for a few years, and then when UCC came online I was feeding everything on 155.025 (I didn't want to change the name of the feed, but I updated the description).
But to be fair, I was just a computer geek that liked the idea I could take a handheld scanner and feed it (the guy that had been feeding RPD and some fire stuff tossed in the towel, but he showed me what to do and I picked up the torch".
It's basically was just running on an old dell computer in the basement for years.
A few weeks ago, I moved it to a virtual machine.
But unless there's some other analog channel that someone would really benefit from me feeding, once they go full digital (w/ or w/o encryption, I will likely just turn it all off). :(
I've just read through this entire thread and immediately realized I know literally nothing about any of these frequencies / trunking etc etc.
I just followed the directions of someone else, one time, and have been feeding 155.025 ever since. lol

thesavo reached out to me about the silence on the 851/855 frequencies above, and I didn't know anything about it.
In the last few days I realized someone else has been feeding the UCC here locally (looks like they may have 'borrowed' my description which I have zero heartburn about, I just think it's funny... mostly because recently I updated the description because they seem to have gone to 4 digit car numbers from 3. Anyway, I clearly 'borrowed' someone else's brain to start the feed I'm doing!). However it would have been nice to know there was a duplicate since I probably could have saved $7/year in electricity by turning my feed off when they started that one. LOL (I know this is my first post, but I am 1000% kidding, in case my dry humor misses the mark).

Anyway, it's been fun to host a feed for a few years, and like I said, if there's an analog channel in the area that needs feeding, i don't mind keeping it up, it just looks like UCC isn't gonna be it. :)

jgorman21

Premium Subscriber
Still nothing for me on the new system.

However, I did hear Rotterdam this morning (155.025) and County fireon one of the 453 frequencies.

smp928s

Premium Subscriber
I had trunked discovery running for a couple of hours earlier today and had hits on 10109, 10116, 10301, 10110 and I heard the testing on 10315 mentioned above.

vinnie8569

Premium Subscriber
the system is up and running they are still installing radios and giving out portables should be up and running in the next couple weeks from what i am hearing and they will be encrypted for police dispatch and cars and portables fire side is not going to be from what i am told so far.

this for the new sch'dy county 800 system

Last edited:

LathamScan

Premium Subscriber
I spent some time Friday doing some trainwatching in Rotterdam, so I put the new system in. Side note - from my location in Latham, I can't get a strong enough signal to monitor it, so I guess I'll be building or investing into a decent 800 gain antenna for the roof. Anyways, I only saw one active talk group, and it was fairly busy - TGID 10109. It was encrypted, and there were only a few radio IDs showing: 7005602, 7006602 and 508. On a side note, my BCD325P2 was indicating that TG 10109 is a Phase 2 (TDMA) talk group.

GTR8000

NY/NJ Database Guy
Database Admin
On a side note, my BCD325P2 was indicating that TG 10109 is a Phase 2 (TDMA) talk group.
Their licenses have Phase II emissions, but I wanted to hold off on changing the system type until it was confirmed, which it now is.

Cue the complaints that "the Albany system isn't Phase II!" :rolleyes:

chrismol1

P25 TruCking!
Is the SCH site being broadcast as a neighbor site to the ALB site or vice versus? Its been a while since I was able to check

Last edited:

Thunderknight

Premium Subscriber
Is the SCH site being broadcast as a neighbor site to the ALB site or vice versus? Its been a while since I was able to check
The Albany system is NOT broadcasting it as a neighbor.
The Schenectady cell is not broadcasting any neighbors (but it shows as Connected, not site trunking).

crack-kitty

Feed Provider
Hey all, how/when would I know if the UCC stopped communicating on 155.025 and has completely moved over to the new digital system?
I'm getting reports from users that nothing is being broadcast and while I am at work, I was able to remote in and it sure looks from here like my stuff is "working".

My existing scanner/feed goes into the dust bin as it won't pick up the only thing I'm feeding now and I'm not planning to buy a digital scanner (and there's already someone with one providing a feed that happens to include the 155.025 anyway).

smp928s

Premium Subscriber
It would appear that all of the law enforcement agencies in Schenectady County have moved to the system. Schenectady PD might have been the last to go, no longer hearing them on 155.64. All agencies using full time encryption it appears, as previously speculated.

crack-kitty

Feed Provider
It would appear that all of the law enforcement agencies in Schenectady County have moved to the system. Schenectady PD might have been the last to go, no longer hearing them on 155.64. All agencies using full time encryption it appears, as previously speculated.
Thanks very much for your input. I'll leave my scanner feed up for a tiny bit longer "just in case".

In other news, I have an analog scanner, I'm in Rotterdam, NY... Anyone have an analog feed they'd really like served up? I'd hate to see my setup go to waste (I run it in a virtual machine, costs me basically zero to run it 24/7).

k2hz

Database Admin
In other news, I have an analog scanner, I'm in Rotterdam, NY... Anyone have an analog feed they'd really like served up? I'd hate to see my setup go to waste (I run it in a virtual machine, costs me basically zero to run it 24/7).
How about NY State Thruway Authority. Program Zone 2 dispatch, either 453.425 or 453.525 whichever gives best reception at you location. Same traffic on both frequencies so don't scan both or it will just vary between good and bad reception. Also 460.300 for Albany Maintenance and 460.3125 for Amsterdam Maintenance. PL 123.0 for all frequencies. I am involved with the Zone 3 and 4 feeds so this will add Zone 2 to Broadcastify coverage. It is of particular interest during winter weather conditions.

crack-kitty

Feed Provider
First: hello fellow rochestarian (i was born and raised there).
Second: awesome tip... thanks, I will have a go at reprogramming (i did it one time 5 yrs ago, and so I'm a super-noob still, but I think I can sort it out).
Would you suggest I do 453.425/525 AND 460.300+3125.

I apologize I don't know what PL 123.0 means. (see previous noob comment).

Thanks again!
I really did like the idea of being helpful, so if I can do it again I'd like to!