WTF is going on with Southington???

Status
Not open for further replies.

lmn1tjd131

Feed Provider
Southington is upgrading from a single main transmit to a Simulcast setup to improve coverage /reception. Some PD channels have been cut over and tested, the remaining PD and FD channels will be cut over soon.

Reconrider

Southington is upgrading from a single main transmit to a Simulcast setup to improve coverage /reception. Some PD channels have been cut over and tested, the remaining PD and FD channels will be cut over soon.
Any chance you have an article or documents about this? Want to see what there full plan is

Cheeseburgers

So how does this work, because I was hearing digital noise on Southington Detectives on my Pro96, are they going simulcast p2? are they using that channel as the cc?

900mhz

So how does this work, because I was hearing digital noise on Southington Detectives on my Pro96, are they going simulcast p2? are they using that channel as the cc?
I would bet that perhaps the detective radio transmissions were possibly encrypted. Just a guess.

It looks like they raised the antenna and dropped the ERP on the Mill St. site from 250 watts to 175 watts when they added the other 2 sites. Lazy Lane site (at the PD) remains unchanged. These changes affect both the regular dispatch (155.25) and detectives (151.175).

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.