Sentinel: Uniden Sentinel Software Install error

Status
Not open for further replies.

tibadoex

Have a new windows 10 laptop. Tried to install the latest version of Sentinel software but it keeps telling me to install dot net framework version 2.0.

When I go to the link they provide, it opts for version SDK v6.0 - that didn't work. Unintalled

Downloaded the old unsupported ASP.NET Core Runtime 2.0.9 for windows x64 - that didn't work.

What am I doing wrong?

fxdscon

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Premium Subscriber
Have a new windows 10 laptop. Tried to install the latest version of Sentinel software but it keeps telling me to install dot net framework version 2.0.

When I go to the link they provide, it opts for version SDK v6.0 - that didn't work. Unintalled

Downloaded the old unsupported ASP.NET Core Runtime 2.0.9 for windows x64 - that didn't work.

What am I doing wrong?

In Windows 10, go to:

Control Panel --> Programs and features --> Turn Windows features on or off (in the upper left corner)

Once that window populates, click in the box that says ".NET Framework 3.5 (Includes .NET 2.0 and 3.0)”, and .NET 4.8.....

Click OK, and they will be installed.

tibadoex

In Windows 10, go to:

Control Panel --> Programs and features --> Turn Windows features on or off (in the upper left corner)

Once that window populates, click in the box that says ".NET Framework 3.5 (Includes .NET 2.0 and 3.0)”, and .NET 4.8.....

Thanks for the help! This did the trick. Software installed and works fine.

NWI_Scanner_Guy

SCANNING THE AIRWAVES SINCE 1987
In Windows 10, go to:

Thank you for posting this. (y) The last time I tried installing Sentinel on a new PC, I had to do this, but forgot the exact steps for this latest install just now. This saved me from pulling my hair out. My SDS100 will be arriving later this week; want to have Sentinel ready to go when it gets here. :)

W1KNE

Owner ScanNewEngland
Database Admin
In Windows 10, go to:

If you get an error doing this, there is a well documented dotnet fix that does work to correct it.

Status
Not open for further replies.