• To anyone looking to acquire commercial radio programming software:

Please do not make requests for copies of radio programming software which is sold (or was sold) by the manufacturer for any monetary value. All requests will be deleted and a forum infraction issued. Making a request such as this is attempting to engage in software piracy and this forum cannot be involved or associated with this activity. The same goes for any private transaction via Private Message. Even if you attempt to engage in this activity in PM's we will still enforce the forum rules. Your PM's are not private and the administration has the right to read them if there's a hint to criminal activity.

If you are having trouble legally obtaining software please state so. We do not want any hurt feelings when your vague post is mistaken for a free request. It is YOUR responsibility to properly word your request.

To obtain Motorola software see the Sticky in the Motorola forum.

The various other vendors often permit their dealers to sell the software online (i.e., Kenwood). Please use Google or some other search engine to find a dealer that sells the software. Typically each series or individual radio requires its own software package. Often the Kenwood software is less than $100 so don't be a cheapskate; just purchase it.

For M/A Com/Harris/GE, etc: there are two software packages that program all current and past radios. One package is for conventional programming and the other for trunked programming. The trunked package is in upwards of $2,500. The conventional package is more reasonable though is still several hundred dollars. The benefit is you do not need multiple versions for each radio (unlike Motorola).

This is a large and very visible forum. We cannot jeopardize the ability to provide the RadioReference services by allowing this activity to occur. Please respect this.

Help with XTS5000 Programming

Status
Not open for further replies.

jsimpson007

Premium Subscriber
1637865497610.png

I am receiving this error. On the right is my radio (which I can read) and on the left is the codeplug that I want to upload to the radio on the right. When I try and upload the codeplug on the left to my radio I receive this error. I have tried to copying method but when I drag it wont copy. Appreciate everyones help here!

RaleighGuy

Premium Subscriber
This should really be in the Motorola forum as it is not a general scanner question. You will get better answers there. Just click on the report button and ask for it to be moved for you.

marcotor

I ♥ÆS Ø
Feed Provider
Try again with drag and drop. Won't ever directly write to a radio the serial does not match. Clone is likely out, if the flash is different. Click on the Tree icon, and hold. Give it a little movement to the right you should see a little box icon under the arrow. Drop it on the tree icon on the right instance, and it should copy over. Let us know if it works :)

jsimpson007

Premium Subscriber
Hey it's not working. I appreciate everyone's help with this. Any other options?

merlin

Your new codeplug was not created with your radio serial/model number.
Very first step creating new codeplugs is entering the serial number for the specific radio it will go into.
You can drag and drop the rest of the personality either way as long as the destination codeplug is not key locked.
That key lock is optional but once set, it makes it read only without the key.
The radio SN is that line at the top of the tree. The codeplug will only program into that specific radio.
73s

Last edited:

n3obl

Ø
Database Admin
Very first step creating new codeplugs is entering the serial number for the specific radio it will go into.
You can drag and drop the rest of the personality either way as long as the destination codeplug is not key locked.
The radio SN is that line at the top of the tree. The codeplug will only program into that specific radio.
73s
You cant just enter a serial number? He needs to do a top level drag and drop vs cloning.

APX7500X2

73s
Your signature sure covers that post LMAO

merlin

Your signature sure covers that post LMAO
Sorry,,been there/done that. (more times that were needed)
Never had drag and drop work but copy and paste works fine.
OR, if you know different speak up and be specific.

merlin

You cant just enter a serial number? He needs to do a top level drag and drop vs cloning.

I never could get drag and drop to work, I resort to copy/paste.
Open Depot > select tools > scroll down to "create new codeplug" a window pops up,
so what is the first entry ?

That is how I start skeleton codeplugs. Only need one for each radio.
I have a good hundred codeplugs, not a one of them will program into my radio, Error "wrong serial number"
Good for reference though.

Giddyuptd

Premium Subscriber
One issue I always had with drag and drop in cps is the scan lists never fully drag and dropped over. Everything else did, or maybe it was the clone radio feature that did this. I know it was one but would have to manually set the scan lists into the other radio. It was very odd.

IAmSixNine

Feed Provider
Drag and drop is not perfect but it can help you get "most" of what you want done. After drag and drop then just fix the issues that pop up.

wa8pyr

Technischer Guru
Staff member
Lead Database Admin
One issue I always had with drag and drop in cps is the scan lists never fully drag and dropped over. Everything else did, or maybe it was the clone radio feature that did this. I know it was one but would have to manually set the scan lists into the other radio. It was very odd.

Best thing to do here is drag/drop the systems, then the scan lists (you'll get errors because the referenced channels aren't there, just set the channels to "unassigned" and move on); next you drag/drop the personalities, then the zones. Finally, drag/drop (one at a time) the scan lists; as you're dragging, hover it over the destination scan list and you'll be asked to add before, after or overwrite. Select overwrite and the scan list will be written with channels intact. It's worked for me for years.

nhfdcadet

Premium Subscriber
I never could get drag and drop to work, I resort to copy/paste.
Open Depot > select tools > scroll down to "create new codeplug" a window pops up,
so what is the first entry ?

That is how I start skeleton codeplugs. Only need one for each radio.
I have a good hundred codeplugs, not a one of them will program into my radio, Error "wrong serial number"
Good for reference though.
so you work at the depot?

Status
Not open for further replies.